Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-03-2009

Sprint Motorola i580 rugged mobile phone

Changes you can see. Motorola i580 is an important device for those that need a ruggedized, all-weather device, and now it is available in a highly visible yellow. This important addition to the Sprint handset lineup adds another dimension for Nextel Direct Connect customers. This rugged clam shell design is certified to Military Standard 810 F, and performs in extreme outdoor environments and stands up to dusty environments, drops, exposure to vibration from heavy machinery use and hot/cold climates. Motorola i580 include rubber encasing, interior linings and seals protect the phone’s antenna, speakerphone, keys, battery door and accessory connections against water intrusion

The specs of Motorola i580 include:
  • 1.9 inch TFT internal display with 262K colors and 176 x 220 pixels
  • White STN external display with 96 x 32 pixels
  • Nextel Direct Connect, iDEN 800/900 MHz
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • MMS
  • 1.3MP camera
  • MicroSD card support
  • 3.8 x 2.2 x 1.1 inches
  • 5.1 ounces

The yellow Motorola i580 can be bought from Sprint right away, for $119 with a 2-yr contract agreement.
Old 20-03-2009

Re: Sprint Motorola i580 rugged mobile phone

Advanced Features:
  • Rugged Construction: Certified to Military Standard 810 F for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, low pressure and solar radiation. Performs in extreme outdoor environments and stands up to dusty environments, drops, exposure to vibration from heavy machinery use and hot/cold climates.
  • Rain Resistant: Certified to Military Standard 810 F for blowing rain, humidity, and salt fog. Designed to withstand exposure to rain, sleet and snow. Rubber encasing, interior linings and seals protect the phone?s antenna, speakerphone, keys, battery door and accessory connections against water intrusion.
  • Expandable Memory: Images, video and music are conveniently stored with up to 1 GB of optional removable memory2
  • Camera: 1.3 megapixel camera with video capabilities
  • Multimedia Messaging Service: Send or receive Multimedia Messages (either audio, images, text, or all three in the same message) to or from email addresses and other capable users1. You can even wirelessly store multimedia on the Sprint web site.1
  • GPS Navigation: Features embedded Global Positioning System (GPS) chip necessary for utilizing the E911 emergency location services where available, and receiving audible and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, mapping your location, or conducting local searches direct from your handset.1 2
  • Java Applications: Run pre-loaded applications include TeleNav, Accuweather, Photoshare, IKTV and Mobile Email Enhanced.1
  • Bluetooth: Enables hands-free, short-range wireless communication using a Bluetooth headset and wireless uploading/downloading to or from a computer.3
Old 20-03-2009

Re: Sprint Motorola i580 rugged mobile phone

This device supports Bluetooth Headset, Handsfree, Dial Up Networking, Stereo, Phone Access, Basic Printing, Object Push, File Transfer profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.motorola.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer. Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,