Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-03-2009

Modu Mini Phone

Everyday there is a new mobile phone model is being released in to the market. Some are trendy, some are smart and well designed and loaded with hundreds of features. Did you ever wanted to have a phone that?s just a phone. Here comes the lightest and smallest phone: Modu Mini phone. When you read through the Guinness Book of World Records, you find a lot of totally weird things. While not quite as outrageous, the Modu mini phone has also found its way into the Guinness Book of World Records, getting named the lightest mobile phone in the world.

This phone was seen at MWC this year weighs 1.4 Ounces and only 0.3 inches thick. It has all the functions a mobile phone has with its mini sleek design, it can act as smartphones, game phones or music phones. It is expected that Modu to hit the US at end of the year or beginning of the next year. These mini phones will be more convenient to carry and the users will find easy fit to their pockets?You can think of Modu as an expanded SIM card. It can make a call, send text messages, and hold a contact list?the bare minimum required to be a mobile phone. That is why it is so small?about the size of an iPod Nano.

This Modu Mini Phone is a modular phone, that can be slipped into different device jackets ?like an MP3 player, a GPS device, a bigger cell phone, car stereo, or a digital camera. (Although, it will initially only support GPRS, which is slow. Another drawback?there is no WiFi.) In a camera, for instance, Modu can be used to send pictures over the wireless network. (Although, it will initially only support GPRS, which is slow. Another drawback?there is no WiFi.)

The Modu Mini Phone is a gadget which acts as the core of a mobile phone and can work as a standalone device. The interesting thing is that the Modu also acts as a core of other ?jackets? which can expand the functionality of the phone to make it in to a gaming phone, smartphone or music phone. Expect to see the Modu later on this year or early next year.
Old 18-03-2009

Re: Modu Mini Phone

It is a quite interesting post but quite difficult to understand for me that how this such a small device can contain a features of smartphone and all.. Than why the other mobile companies making smartphones in such a big size
Old 18-03-2009

wow! this is so cool and funny. That?s the first thing I though of when I read the title. I always complain about the smart phones being too big and the cellphones being too limited. bluetooth is a failure in that market.
Old 18-03-2009

So it is half the weight of the Samsung U100, which is already a featherweight!

It?s almost as thin at 7.6mm compared to the samsung 5.9mm (0.23 inches).

It looks like a bizarre game of solo digital domino.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,