Thread: Nokia N97 iphone

Nokia N97 iphone

We heard about it at the end of last week, but we had no idea just how exciting Nokia’s announcement would be! Nokia has revealed their brand new N-series handset, the Nokia N97. The N97 packs a 3.5-inch, 640 x 360 pixel (that's a 16:9 aspect ratio) resistive touchscreen display with tactile feedback and QWERTY keyboard into this sliding communicator with an "always open" window to favorite internet or social networking sites. Nokia calls it the "world's most advanced mobile computer."

The N97 is a cutting edge smartphone that includes support for their OVI service as well as the Nokia Music Store. Nokia have called the N97 “the most advanced mobile computer” and have done well to keep ahead of current mobile phone usability trends. With more and more people using their phones to browse the net, to access email accounts and share photos online we expect that the likes of the N97 will become the most demanded everyday phone. GPS has also become a standard on handsets and more and more people are expecting their phones to have integrated GPS. App developers are also aware of this and the number of cool GPS reliant applications is growing at a phenomenal rate.

Nokia have divulged that the expected release date for the N97 is in the first half of 2009 and is expected to hold a pre-tax price tag of 550 Euros. So if you are wanting to get this handset soon after public release expect to take out a higher tariff package if you want it for free.

Highlights Of Nokia N97:-

• Touch display (3.5″ of it) which slides and tilts to reveal a full QWERTY kepboard plus d-pad for easy navigation.

• 5 Megapixel Camera

• Carl Zeiss integrated optics coupled with a dual LED flash

• A massive 32GB of internal memory with MicrSD support for further memory expansion

• Integrated Assisted GPS

• WiFi and HSDPA

• DVD quality video capture and 16:9 display

Re: Nokia N97 iphone

The stylish and well featured Nokia N97 is going to be available in the market in around next 4 months at the price of $693.

Lets have some features of Nokia N97:-

Internet

• Easy and fast connections to internet services
    • Easy text input with QWERTY keyboard and touch screen
    • 3.5 inch sliding tilt display
    • Live personalized home screen with widgets
    • Up-to-date information via RSS feed
    • Fully compatible with Ovi services
    • Browse real web pages
    • Take pictures and videos and share them immediately

Video and TV

• Watch high-quality video on the large 3.5 inch 16:9 widescreen
    • Video playback at 30 fps, for a wide array of formats
    • Play videos, music and pictures on TV using TV-out
    • Access internet video feeds through Nokia Video Center

Music
    • Enjoy great audio through standard 3.5 mm jack headphones, built-in stereo speakers or Bluetooth technology
    • Digital music player with support for playlist editing, equalizer and categorized access to your music collection
    • Search, browse and purchase songs online in Nokia Music Store (for availability, please visit www.music.nokia.com)

Maps and Navigation

• Nokia Maps with integrated compass and A-GPS receiver
    • Multimedia city guides and navigation services. Drive: voice guided car navigation, or Walk: pedestrian-optimized turn-by-turn guidance. (Navigation may need to be purchased separately).

Games
    • World-class game titles with N-Gage

Media

• Memory: Up to 48GB (32 GB on-board memory, plus 16GB expansion via microSDmemory card slot)
    • Video playback: MPEG-4 / SP and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, up to 30 fps, up to VGA resolution. RealVideoup to QCIF @ 30 fps. Windows Media (WMV9) up to CIF @ 30 fps. Flash Lite 3.0 / Flash Video in internet browser
    • Music playback: MP3, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, WMA

Connectivity & Data Services

• WLAN IEEE 802.11b/g with UPnP support
    • Micro-USB connector, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
    • 3.5mm stereo headphone plug and TV-out support (PAL/NTSC)
    • Bluetooth wireless technology 2.0 with A2DP stereo audio, enhanced data rates (EDR)
    • GPS receiver with support for assisted GPS (A-GPS)

Main Camera

• Lens: Carl ZeissTessar™
    • Image capture: Up to 5 megapixels (2584 x 1938) JPEG/EXIF (16.7 million/24-bit color)
    • Video capture: MPEG-4 VGA (640 x 480) at up to 30 fps
    • Aperture: F2.8
    • Focal length: 5.4 mm
    • Flash: Dual LED camera flash and video light

Nice phone. As usual , i like only nokia handsets, i'll like to have this N97 as well when it comes to the market. I hope I can saw an n97 phone beside the street. And I wish you will be affordable just like 5800 xpressmusic. See you somewhere and somewhen

hi Nokia N97 seems to be very nice phone, which i saw never. I need the details of launching in India and the price of the phone.