Thread: SupportPlus 20gb- File System Error

ohmy SupportPlus 20gb- File System Error

Hello Friends,

I'm having a SupportPlus 20gb MP4 player. Whenever i try to open it, it says File System Error need to Format HDD or Check it? Can any one tell me that what exact problem i'm facing with my MP4 player? Could any one please help me out to resolve this problem? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: SupportPlus 20gb- File System Error

The support tools are all contained in a Software Depot (SD) bundle named "OnlineDiag". This bundle is distributed in two ways:

• Support Plus media
    • HP Software Depot website

The Support Tools Manager, ODE/LIFLOAD, and (optionally) Predictive Support must be loaded after the Operating System is installed. The EMS Hardware Monitors are installed automatically when STM is installed.

Support Plus can be:

• Booted to ISL and used to load and run offline diagnostics.
    • For 10.20 and 11.X users, mounted and used to install online diagnostics and support tools via swinstall(1m).

Re: SupportPlus 20gb- File System Error

This problem can be resolved by upgrading the firmware on the server in order to support the new features of the Core OS’s IODC (I/O-dependent code).

Note: Make sure that the normal troubleshooting procedures have been investigated (i.e. Supported CDROM drive, correct Core OS media, supported architecture.

According to release notes for the March 2001 Core OS media, the following changes were made:

Improved install utility supports the selection of add-on I/O driver software,
    • HP-UX patch bundles, and diagnostics from the 11.00 Core OS media and the 11.00 Support Plus media. ("Technical Computing" configuration includes graphics software bundle from the 11.00 Core OS Options media.) Only one reboot is required to install all selected software.
    • The install utility also enables the use of newer add-on I/O adapters, including networking cards and FC mass-storage cards, following the initial installation of the selected software.
    • Updated install kernels also provide installation and recovery with supported FC boot media and the PCI TL Fibre Channel card (A5158A).

These changes assume that the IODC (I/O-dependent code) loaded by the PDC (Processor Dependant Code) have the necessary I/O information to support these new features. Therein lies the problem. The Firmware (PCD/IODC) for older class servers do not have the necessary instruction to handle the request in the BOOT MODULE IODC area of memory. Because of this, the install appears to hang.