Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-03-2009

Record TV on laptop

Hello everyone !

there is the Some movies on tv and as I am in my apartment and I have a TV and my laptop, i am wondering how I could do to make a recording
So I have a TV, a laptop but no card acquisition. I wondered if it was possible to acquire image and sound ,Also whether it was possible to turn on the computer at a set time and start recording as I would be ongoing.
Thank you in advance
Old 14-03-2009

Re: Record TV on laptop

You need a capture card, either directly (through the TV: s) or a TV card ... then recording software,
Old 14-03-2009

It would not work simply by connecting the HDMI jack on the PC and configure everything that is recognized as the input video and audio ,
So I would need a capture card and software for registration, but no way to do otherwise..
How to record TV on PC
Old 14-03-2009

Yes there are a few possiblilities. First if you use a Tivo or a hacked DirecTV Tivo you can download the shows from the units onto your Laptop in a Mpeg format which is watchable on your laptop.
Secondly you can purchase a PCMCIA TV Tuner card for pretty cheap that will basically turn your laptop into a DVR so you can capture shows/movies from your TV or DVR and save it on your Laptop in a few formats: AVI, MPEG, Etc. Check out this link for what a PCMCIA TV Tuner Capture card is and how much it goes for aproximately.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: