Thread: Samsung YP-S2 Mp3 Player

Samsung YP-S2 Mp3 Player

The Samsung YP-SC Pebble MP3 players are being introduced to compete with the iPod shuffles and nanos. The SAMSUNG S2 isn’t just an MP3 player, it’s a must-have accessory to take with you - when you’re running, at the gym or wherever you go. It’s shaped like a pebble and can be worn like a pendant around your neck, giving you complete freedom..

Like previous Samsung MP3 players I reviewed, the YP-S2 is no different as it only supports Windows Vista or XP. The YP-S2 comes with a direct connect USB adaptor that you can connect to your computer to charge the device or sync music. The adaptor plugs into the earphone jack while the other end inserts into a USB port on your computer.These Samsung YP-S2 Pebble MP3 players look quite similar to the Creative Zen Stone (because they both look like small rocks), and hold about 1GB of MP3s and WMAs. They've got about 10 hours of playback, but don't do a whole lot else (other than looking and feeling like rocks).

The overall design of the Pebble I think is trendier than any passé iPod Shuffle, whose looks are starting to age in the world of MP3 players. The Pebble is adorable to hold and look at. It really is the size of a pebble stone you would find on the beach. The Pebble comes in several different colors including red, black, white, purple, green. It also pulsates LED colors when you play music in shuffle mode. It will rotate through Green, Blue, and Magenta which gives the whole ultra small MP3 player a different flavor.Unfortunately it has a tendancy to show a lot of fingerprints which is a little downside but not a deal breaker.

Like any high gloss gadget I always find myself polishing it on my jeans but at least it doesn’t scratch up. Another nice touch is the earphones included which are made to wear as a necklace. The part of it that goes around your neck is a lanyard material and the rest is plastic. The earphones securely insert into the Pebble and there is even a “earphone fixing hole” that keeps the Pebble extra secure from falling off your neck. Only if someone were to really tug on the YP-S2 could it come off and I mean REALLY tug hard.

Its so small and stylish that can be wore around the neck.YP-S2(Pebble) is the first SAMSUNG's fashion iconic mp3p resembling the nature, rounded, pebble-like, brilliant colours,which let you stylish and mordern.With 5 ways tactile keys S2 providing "easy to use" and also supporting 3 playmode (normal, shuffle, favorate) which has different LED colours.

Re: Samsung YP-S2 Mp3 Player

Small and lightweight, the Samsung YP-S2 (a.k.a. the Pebble) separates itself from the rest of the budget digital audio player crowd by packing quality audio into a tiny, fashion-conscious package.The pebble is the latest in the line of small, user friendly MP3 players that are portable and sporty enough for people on the go.The SAMSUNG S2 MP3 player comes in five hot colors: black, white, red, green and purple.The Samsung YP-S2 Pebble comes in an assortment of stylish colors for those looking for something other than black or silver.

The size of the Pebble, only about two times bigger than a quarter, and made to look like a beach pebble, makes it easy for running errands, working out, or just lounging around the house.A light display is also a feature of The Samsung YP-S2 Pebble. The Pebble uses a LED light effect display that can be used based on the playback mode the user chooses. The pebble goes beyond listening to music and makes it an atmospheric experience.

Sound Quality:-

Even though S2 is Cute and light desigh, it has amazing sound via DNSe technology (SAMSUNG's own special sound effect algorism, Digital Nature Sound Engine) and supports 3 preset EQ(normal, 3D Studio, Concert Hall). In terms of supporting format are MP3, WMA and OGG.The SAMSUNG YP-S2 supports MP3, WMA and Ogg so you can listen to your favorite tunes in high-quality audio.

Playback controls:-

Easy-to-use controls are embedded on the back face, including play/pause, volume and playback options (standard, random, repeat).

1 GB internal flash:-

1 GB of internal flash memory provides enough storage space for approximately 13 hours of audio.

LED light effect

A concealed LED along the bottom edge of the MP3 player flashes various colors and patterns based on the playback mode you select. Go beyond simply listening to music with the SAMSUNG S2.

DNSe sound engine

SAMSUNG's "DNSe" is a revolutionary technology, providing rich, more realistic sound effects and a true-to-life surround sound experience.

Easy File Transfers:-

Transferring audio to the YP-S2 is quite simple. The player comes bundled with the Samsung Media Studio software, which upgrades to EmoDio and lets us subscribe to Datacasts (Samsung’s term for podcasts), and offers several playlist types, including Exercise, Study, Driving, Party, and Meditation, into which we could drag and drop our music. The Samsung Media Studio software is for PCs only, but don’t fret, Mac users: you can drag and drop songs from iTunes directly into the player and use the handy mobile playlist options to create a playlist on the go. Just keep in mind that the YP-S2 doesn’t support AAC files.

I think Samsung has what could be a very successful MP3 player.It can be worn as a necklace safely and that it also puts on neat a lightshow. And all this you can get at just $39.99

WoW !!! Thats great device. I feel trouble carrying the big MP3 Players while jogging and at Gym. Now this S2 just 1.7 x 1.6 x 0.7 inches is the perfect choice for me . Thanks for sharing this , Guys

My Samsung S2 can't be recognised by my computer anymore. how should I fix this bug?

Quote Originally Posted by samsungtrouble View Post
    My Samsung S2 can't be recognised by my computer anymore. how should I fix this bug?
    Was it working well before ? Actually there is no way to troubleshoot Samsung YP-S2 Mp3 Player. The only workaround you can do is try another cable for connecting the same, as there might be so,me problem with the cable. Also try to connect it on another system. DO let me know the results.

Quote Originally Posted by samsungtrouble View Post
    If you device is no more getting connectivity from the computer of yours then in that case this might be possible that your PC Suit might got corrupted and that is why getting the issue with the same. To work with the same i will advise you to go with the Uninstallation and Re-installation of then complete driver and then check whether phone is connecting to computer or not.