Thread: Migration from iPad 1 to iPad 2

Migration from iPad 1 to iPad 2

I have a few questions that I wondered if more could shed some light on for me. I will be getting the iPad 2 while it hits the market here and I was basically wondering if I transfer my application to join my iPad 2 would be as simple as plugging the iPad 2 to my main computer and copy the applications normally. Is this the case? As well, I am giving my iPad 1 to my partner but I do not want to be connected to the AppStore and so on through my Apple account (has its own). How do I delete my account, my purchased applications and the ability to purchase other applications on my account? Basically a factory reset and synchronizes new account / connection is what I want. Is this possible?

Re: Migration from iPad 1 to iPad 2

I have some solution for you, which may be helpful for you. You are right, just plug in and sync. You can also restore backup iPad 1, iPad 2 and all that will be in it. One time you have your new settings, go to Settings> General> Reset from the original and to iPad a readjustment of all content and settings. That clear reverse to the factory defaults for the whole thing and make it ready to go.

I also want to know the same. Thank you very much for the reply and help. Another problem is that has always been that I have thought in avail. Is there any way to remove or uninstall the base applications that come preinstalled with the iPad? I.e.: The Notes application, the application of contacts and so on? Or is it from here and stay? It would be nice if I could eliminate them as I not at all utilize those (which is improved, my necessitates alternative App Store).

Just follow the below steps:
    1. Connect the old iPad (Wi-Fi).
    2. In iTunes, right click on the name of the iPad, select the option to make a backup.
    3. When finished, unplug it and plug the new iPad.
    4. If this is the first time you plug in, you will be asked if you want to use the configuration of the previous iPad. If not the first time, right click on the name of the new iPad in iTunes, and you choose the option to restore from a backup.
    5. There should appear the option to choose which backup to use; you choose the last act of the old and ready iPad