Thread: connect a turntable on a z5500

connect a turntable on a z5500

Hello.
    I have a PC with a sound card X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and I am buying a kit 5.1 Logitech z-5500.

I have a CD player and turntable, each with RCA output.
    But I guess that z5500 has no entry, then how to connect it all?
    Live, Love, Die, But
    ···ENjO¥···

Re: connect a turntable on a z5500

You need a RIAA pre amp for the output signal of your platinum is used. Several models here:
    http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/d...r/display.html
    http://www.wickeddigital.com.au/camb...amplifier.html

How to Connect a Turntable to a Receiver Without a Phono Input

Step1
    Evaluate your current receiver. Take a look at the back-panel connections of your receiver. Check to make sure that you don't have a phono input. In most cases, the phono input will be clearly marked. If the connections are not marked, look for a set of RCA-style inputs with a grounding screw next to them; this is a phono input. If there isn't a phono input on your receiver, see if you have an open set of RCA inputs. If they are all occupied by other equipment, you can either choose to disconnect one piece of equipment, buy an A/V switcher or get a new receiver--preferably one with a phono input.

Step2
    Purchase a phono preamp. The voltage output of a turntable is much lower than those of other peripheral devices, including CD players, tape decks and game systems. Although the inputs look the same, connecting a turntable to a standard RCA audio input will result in very faint sound output, if you hear anything at all. The output of your turntable must be amplified to a level of about 150 microvolts (mVs) before it reaches the receiver, so a turntable "pre-amplifier" or phono preamp is necessary. There are several models available from different vendors, ranging from simple and inexpensive to high-end audiophile quality units. Shop around, and get one that matches your needs and budget.

Step3
    Purchase patch cables. You'll need a set to run from the preamp to your receiver. Measure how long your cables need to be, and purchase accordingly. Resist the temptation to "go cheap" because better quality cables will provide better sound.

Step4
    Connect the preamp into the system. First plug the preamp into an AC power outlet. Most models have a small AC to DC adapter built into the plug. Then connect the cables from the turntable to the preamp, and connect your new patch cables from the preamp to the receiver.

Step5
    Adjust the gain of the phono preamp. Most models will have a gain control for fine-tuning. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and adjust your system accordingly. Put on some vinyl, sit back and enjoy!

SourcE: ehow.com
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You need a mixer to connect it to your keyboard. Just run the outs of the mixer to the ins of the keyboard. And if i'm not mistaken if you try to hook the turntable up directly the signal is gonna be low.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's