Thread: How to setup Web-cam to connect Internet?

How to setup Web-cam to connect Internet?

hello,
    I have purchased a new web-cam for my computer system. When I installed a web-cam, the installation procedure worked fine. But for some reason, it is not able to connect to the Internet.
    What could be the reason? Should I reinstall? Please suggest something..

Re: How to setup Web-cam to connect Internet?

There are basically 3 choices on how do you setup your webcam
    1. Use a webcam service.
    2. FTP to your website.
    3. In house server.

1. Use a Webcam service
    This is by far the simplist system for the beginner. If you already have an Instant Messenger program such as Yahoo, MSN or AOL, then all you need to do is setup your webcam and activate it inside your Messenger. Check either your Messenger program's help menu or their web site for detailed instructions.

However, this method requires the other person to install the same service in order to see your camera and usually gives the poorest image quality.

2. FTP to your website.
    If you don't already have a web page, or don't know what FTP is about, this is not the best choice for you to start out with. It can get quite complicated initially. Once set up and running, this method works quite well and is easy to operate. However, this is the system that tends to give people the most trouble getting started, especially if you don't have any experience troubleshooting FTP problems.

For this option, you will need to obtain a webcam software program. A few webcams come with free webcam software.
    TinCam --- $19
    ConquerCam --- $15
    booru WebCam --- free

3. In house server
    This is the option I use, and I will describe my system further down the page. This method can range from quite simple to extremely complicated depending on numerous factors. I can't give you specific set-up instructions because every installation is different and there are too many variables to cover without writing an entire book on the subject.

Many webcam programs, including TinCam, come with a built-in web server. (booru WebCam does not) Once the camera and web server software are activated and configured, all a visitor needs to do is enter your current IP address in their web browser. As long as your computer is connected to the Internet, your camera should now work, unless your Internet provider is blocking the default port.

Make sure that the cam is installed correctly.
    Your webcam must have probably came with some software - run the software and verify that you can at least get a picture to come up.
    If not, you need to check the drivers in the device manager(keep the latest drivers installed)

Remember, if you are able to get a picture on the cam's software OK, then you need to consider that the software you are using to load cam images to the Internet is likely not set properly. Double check the software settings.

hey guys my headphone sound is not coming inspiate of the fact that my headphone speaker and everything is perfect ,my headphone works fine in another computer well ,but in my computer its not working cant do the voice chat help me plssssssssssssssss .i am using AC97 audio configuration

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    hey guys my headphone sound is not coming inspiate of the fact that my headphone speaker and everything is perfect ,my headphone works fine in another computer well ,but in my computer its not working cant do the voice chat help me plssssssssssssssss .i am using AC97 audio configuration
    Have you update all your driver