Thread: PC HP: Recovery Manager does not function any more

PC HP: Recovery Manager does not function any more

I have had a portable PC HP Pavilion dv9649em for 2 years, Vista installed.

I often carried out restorations system (“parameters of factories” as they say) thanks to the program pr install Recovery Manager of HP, launched either when the PC is lit starting from program files, or while supporting on F11 with starting. I never had concern private individual.

However yesterday I realized that this utility did not want to launch out any more. I tested with F11 or while launching it in program files, but I find myself with a black screen. Roof of the roof, Cd of reinstatement which I had created at the time of the purchase of the PC - of which I was never useful myself since it is supposed to reinstall all the PC, and I always made use of Recovery Manager - is not recognized and does not launch out either.

In short I cannot format any more, nor to recreate Cd of reinstatement (Cd by PC that says to me)

Does somebody know it this problem?

Only “the large” modifications which I could have made are the reduction of the partition “HP recovery” (it is the utility HP check who proposed it to me, as there was almost 1 Go of too not used) - and very happened well - and partitioning in two of my principal hard drive…

Thank you

Re: PC HP: Recovery Manager does not function any more

yes, I have a HP and already have this problem. You broke sector 0, i.e. the relay which makes it possible F11 to reach the partition of recovery.

It is absolutely necessary to arrive at reading DVDs of recovery, at least the first.

Two things:

1) to ensure you that in the BIOS, the reader of DVD at the head arrives of the list of the peripherals of starting, and that the option “Starting on CD” is active. You reach that via the F9 key with starting.

If your CD gets under way, goes until the end of the menus, without installing, then starts again. With a little chance, sector 0 will be repaired.

2) if your PC is still under guarantee, telephone immediately with the SAV to ask for a copy of these DVDs to them. Always with a little chance, it will be free.

does my reader DVD appear well in first position, but I do not find the option starting on Cd… must I launch while pressing on another F?

When Cd boot with starting, I have a black screen with “Windows is loading files”, then an error message: “this PC is not dealt with by Cd of reinstalment system. These discs will not enable you to continue the reinstalment of this system.”

is what I could have broken sector 0, for example by using CCleaner; who seeks the register errors, or that is it makes all alone?

There, I cannot start again my PC for the moment, but if you look at best the page obtained by F9, you have a relay in bottom towards the BIOS, and there you must see it. If you there do not arrive, go straightforwardly in the BIOS, and look at the Démarrage mitre, it is similar.

Not for CCleaner; : it is very improbable. On the other hand, your manipulations disc, yes. The partition of recovery, it is better not there not to touch.

DVDs of recovery should only launch out all to starting: you are sure to have put well the first???

Moreover, according to the message, he refuses because they are DVDs of recovery of another PC ???