Thread: Problem with My DVD-RW

Problem with My DVD-RW

hello

I am faing a strange problem with my HP DVD writer. My DVD-RW is around 4 yers old and i have successfully written many number of CDs and DVDs in that device. Now the writter shows that cannot write CD or DVD on my writter as it shows 'Writer Error' and many of my DVDs are wasted during writing. I tried to clean the lens by lens cleaner , but no use.

Please help me with this problem

Your views will be appreciated

Re: Problem with My DVD-RW

im no expert but i used to have that problem as well. and most of the time it was cause of what i was burning off and not the dvd burner. have you tried to burn something else off to see if it is working still.
    also i used to use nero as well but now i use minidvd it seems faster and works better for me.

Could you attach the nero log so that we can check exactly what's going wrong.
    Is your writer configured as slave?
    What is the Nero version?

Apparentely it is a media error.
    To verify, just burn your DVD on a dvd-rw.
    Always burn at half of the max speed of your burner.
    Choose medias more like TY labels.

Media - Try using a new piece of media. Previously used re-writable media can cause cause this error. Also, try a different manufacturer of media, specifically try HP DVD+R or DVD+RW media.

Low Hard Drive Space - Not having sufficient space for the DVD project to be created has also been associated with this error. For example, when trying to create full DVD disc a minimum of 10 GB of free space is necessary to be successful.

New ArcSoft Engine Link Library - ArcSoft has created a more robust dynamic link library engine in order to address this issue. The link below contains the new file. Save the file into the ShowBiz DVD directory (C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\ShowBiz DVD). The DVDEngine.dll file must saved into the ShowBiz DVD directory to work successfully

Also when OCing the problem can be gradual corruption of data on the HD. This can take time to build up. You may want to go back to stock settings, remove the problem program, run scandisk and defrag, reinstall the program and try it at stock settings before OCing again.