McAfee for your symbian phones
What is McAfee?
McAfee VirusScan is a popular antivirus program created and maintained by McAfee, formerly known as Network Associates. VirusScan is designed for home and home-office use; McAfee also develops VirusScan Enterprise for use in corporate environments. The product is not available as a standalone package, but is included in the McAfee VirusScan Plus package or as part of McAfee Internet Security Suite. McAfee also produces a similar product for Mac OS X under the name of VirusScan for Mac.
Re: McAfee for your symbian phones
Previously known as Virex, in November 2007 McAfee announced VirusScan for Mac 8.6. The main highlights of this new version are:
* Leopard Compatibility: First version compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
* Universal Binary: First universal binary version in the Virex product line. It will run on both Intel- and PowerPC-based Mac computers natively.
* On Access scanning: Features true blocking On Access Scanning. It scans every file being accessed from or written to the machine and blocks infections if any. On Access Scanner can be configured to scan on Read Only, Write only or both. It can also be configured to scan files on network volumes.
* 5200 engine support: The latest McAfee Anti-Virus engine.
* Apple Mail scanning : It will now scan Apple Mail messages for any infections. This feature is available through both On Demand Scanner and On Access Scanner.
* Support for updating virus signatures (DATs) and scanning engine from ePolicy Orchestrator repositories
* Support for updating virus signatures (DATs) and scanning engine from HTTP and local repositories
* Support for specifying a list of FTP, HTTP,and/or local repositories for updating virus signatures (DATs) and scanning engine
* Support for VirusScan for Mac deployment and installation from ePolicy Orchestrator
* Support for installing HotFixes and Patches for VirusScan for Mac from ePolicy Orchestrator
* Support for proxy server authentication
* Addition of Minimum Escalation Requirements tool
Re: McAfee for your symbian phones
The 2009 edition of VirusScan Plus integrates antivirus, firewall and anti-spyware capabilities.
It includes, amongst other things;
* On-access file scanning
* Inbound and outbound firewall protection
* Spyware protection
* Daily definition updates
* Daily pop-up reminders, appearing at random intervals, even over full screen applications and video games. This feature cannot be disabled.
* McAfee X-Ray rootkit detection
* McAfee SiteAdvisor - displays a safety rating for websites based on tests for evidence of spam, malware and phishing
* McAfee SystemGuards - monitors the computer for activity that may be caused by virus infection or hacker activity
VirusScan Plus 2009 is compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista only.
|Tags: mobile antivirus|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "McAfee for your symbian phones"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Download Viber for Nokia symbian phones||Pradeep Bhattacharya||Portable Devices||2||29-05-2012 01:44 PM|
|QT Support for Symbian phones||tHeDa!||Portable Devices||2||11-02-2012 11:11 AM|
|Which are the new symbian belle phones available?||Ham||Portable Devices||4||27-08-2011 12:01 AM|
|Symbian Media Player for Android Mobile phones||triop||Portable Devices||4||04-02-2011 10:06 PM|
|Photoshop Mobile for Symbian based phones||Kickapoo||Portable Devices||6||01-07-2010 11:14 AM|