| || |
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: Sony VAIO Z - VGN-Z37GD/X
Features of Sony VAIO Z VGN-Z37GD/X
- Ultra portable
Over 10 years of Sony research and development in miniaturization has culminated in the VAIO Z Series notebook. At 13.1"1 and 3.4 pounds6, the Z is designed for go-anywhere mobility. An optional high-resolution LCD creates a wider workspace while a spacious keyboard provides a comfortable touch and feel when typing. A host of inputs and outputs enable maximum compatibility with external devices and a switch-on-the-fly hybrid graphics system lets you toggle between internal and external graphics for long battery life or robust multimedia performance—no re-boot necessary.
- Business-grade durability
Hit the road with confidence. The Z is built to endure the knocks, bumps and accidents common to frequent travel. Important features include:
- Multi-layer carbon-fiber casing covers the LCD panel and bottom of the chassis to help protect against knocks and bumps.
- Seamless aluminum keyboard panel adds structural rigidity and help keep internal components protected.
- G-Sensor Shock Protection technology counteracts sudden movements by locking up the spinning hard drive to help prevent potential damage, such as scratching, which could lead to data loss.
- Optional Solid State Drive (SSD) technology, which has no moving parts, provides a more durable storage solution less prone to physical damage.
- XBRITE-DuraView LCD technology utilizes a special hard coating on the LCD to help defend against scratching and general wear and tear.
- Switch-on-the-fly hybrid graphics system
Exclusive to the Z, a revolutionary hybrid graphics system lets you set your graphics performance on the fly without needing to reboot. A simple hardware switch enables you to toggle between an internal Mobile Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics chip for optimal power consumption and an external NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS graphics chip for more robust performance. For big presentations, utilize the more robust setting to bring your on-screen elements to life. But when the presentation's over and it's time to catch up on e-mail before your flight, simply flip the switch—no need to shut down your computer—and utilize the internal graphics setting to enjoy lower power consumption for longer battery life.
- On the cutting edge of SSD technology
The Z offers a glimpse into the future of SSD technology. For maximum performance and ample storage, select models feature a dual channel 128GB8 (64GB X 2) solid state drive with RAID technology. RAID, or Redundant Array of Independent Disks, is a technology that coordinates between the two solid state drives to keep them operating simultaneously at optimal capacity. The result is quicker boot-up times, faster application launches and overall enhanced performance. And of course, since solid state drive technology has no moving parts, you get a more durable storage solution less prone to physical damage.