Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-02-2009

3.5 4-stage jacket, how compatible?

I come across with two types: a normal type, and a type with a built in microphone. The normal type is not really available whereas the type with built in microphone can be found even cheaper on ebay, etc. this type has however 4-stage a jacket, how compatible is this with normal equipment?

Concerning equipment such as the iPhone and I hear recover the new macs, which socket have for these jackets, name only bad concerning (whole or partial) incompatibility. Now the however such a 4-stage thing must in a normal 3.5 stereo socket.

On this blade to see you such a socket:
Old 28-02-2009

Re: 3.5 4-stage jacket, how compatible?

I adopt that mic only works if you prick him in for that a suitable connection. If you shove him in a normal jacket, he it simply normally must do without the microphone. It seems or extra contact that have been simply made which is not used normally.
Old 28-02-2009

This works simply. Not in all equipment, but for example in M6 it works without problems. The back of the connector has been subdivided in two of which no longer work 2e as GND but as MIC. It lies a smattering how the apparatus makes in question connection far, but I have not yet come against that it does not work.
Old 28-02-2009

In principle this no problem is. The 4e parts sit, as it happens, on a contact point which by apparatus which do not have none mic necessary are used. it works in that case simply as a normal stereo headset. I have the Sennheiser MM50 for mn iPhone, and the iPod of another one, and it works without problems. If these are therefore cheaper than I would do it simply!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,