Thread: Printer Driver got Corrupted

Printer Driver got Corrupted

hi there

I have made a big mess up with my printer. I uses a epson stylus 82 C. My printer got out of ink few days back, and i bought new generic ink cartrige. I also installed the ink cartrige, and i was prompted withe message that a new update of driver is available. I accepted the message and installed the driver.
    Now the problem is i cannot make my printer work. It says it's corrupt. i uninstalled it and tried it again and it is not accepting the preowned version too.

Please help me with this problem

Re: Printer Driver got Corrupted

First when was the last time your friend had reinstalled ME?
    ME shouldve been named MISTAKE, but thats just my opinion. If he has had a recent install then make sure you delete all printers and look for a print driver cleaner from Epson to make sure nothing is hanging on.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

In the application from which you want to print, from the File menu, choose Print... . In the box that appears, check to see which printer the application is trying to access. Make sure that this is the printer you want to use.

Try printing something from another application. If you cannot print from another application, then you may need to get a new printer driver.

The problem could also be specific to the program you are using. If so, try checking online support for that particular vendor's program.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Navigate to the spool directory and delete any files found there.

X:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

Navigate to the printer listing in Start Printers. Right mouse click
    on the printer listing and select Delete from the context menu.

driver data corruption usually occurs when the software application or the operating system crashes while the .BGI data file is open in memory. In most cases, headers or parts of the data file are not saved to disk causing the data corruption or the application to fail. Other causes of corruption are physical problems with the storage media, hardware malfunctions, natural causes, viruses, software errors, and human errors.

As bad as the situation may be, there are ways to recover all or part of your data file. You should immediately make 2 or 3 backup copies of the corrupted file(s) and stop using the computer except to send the file(s) for recovery analysis. We are a team of highly specialized engineers who have been working with corrupt files for the past two decades offering free analysis of corrupt or damaged Borland Graphics Interface printer driver data files with a 'no-recovery, no-fee' policy. Please use the instructions below to send us the corrupted .BGI file for a free no-obligation analysis.