Thread: Netbook and MID what should I choose ?

Netbook and MID what should I choose ?

hi
    i am looking to buy some good portable for me where At a time when the opportunities are in a new category of products like Netbook and MID.i am not with knowledge about that so tell me what should choose and if i go for mid why should I choose a MID in place of a Netbook?please tell me if any one knows .thank you.

Re: Netbook and MID what should I choose ?

For an Intel-based CPU to get a good shot at integration into a 4G smartphone or MID, the firm will have to rely on the strong x86 ecosystem. MIDs, while good in theory, are problematic in that most device manufacturers want a system on a (single) chip (SoC), so Intel would have to incorporate third-party intellectual property, something it has never done before.

MIDs have to include Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, 2D and 3D graphics, antennas for wireless, a baseband processor and more, something Intel just cannot do alone. The company could license designs from other firms, move the designs to Intel's process and then integrate them into a SOC, but this could take two to three years

A basic, cheap, unsophisticated, 9in, 1024 x 600 machine with a tiny keyboard and only 1Gb of RAM may be fine as a backup machine during the credit crisis, but manufacturers and analysts alike are beginning to wonder whether the platform has any real reach beyond the next year or so.

Meyer believes that upcoming inexpensive ultra-thin notebooks would satisfy customer demand for small, thin, lightweight laptops, but would be volumes more powerful than any available netbook.

For an Intel-based CPU to get a good shot at integration into a 4G smartphone or MID, the firm will have to rely on the strong x86 ecosystem. MIDs, while good in theory, are problematic in that most device manufacturers want a system on a (single) chip (SoC), so Intel would have to incorporate third-party intellectual property, something it has never done before.

MIDs have to include Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, 2D and 3D graphics, antennas for wireless, a baseband processor and more, something Intel just cannot do alone. The company could license designs from other firms, move the designs to Intel's process and then integrate them into a SOC, but this could take two to three years.

Firms like Qualcomm, which just acquired AMD's handheld assets, already have products like the Snapdragon SOC, attractive to firms like Apple and RIM, but the architecture is not x86 compatible, it is ARM.

This could prove an advantage for Intel, as its process technology is thought better than anything Qualcomm has to offer, by bringing the x86 software ecosystem to the embedded world.

You should not choose MID, in fact. It depends on what we want to do. The reality is that you purchase as needed. The laptops are not of a type only. There are different sizes, with different screens, different autonomy ... it all depends on what you want to do. For the phones is the same, right? Different shapes and sizes. With the MID is the same. Even with the Netbook. If a product for the mobile internet browsing you try a screen big enough with a good keyboard, the Netbook is an excellent choice. Nothing wrong with this choice.

It 'a great product, I'm not interested in what! I like because it guarantees to handle the Microsoft Windows environment, I am in my pocket and not missing anything, I want to see if Outlook can do it, if I want to work with applications that are used can do that. It 'very powerful. No need to choose, but rather to understand what meets their needs. This is the basic idea. Users choose a MID or Netbook on the basis of what they need, here is what I think. We at Intel can meet the needs of both. If we had produced a technology capable of meeting only the needs, we would have done the wrong thing. if you like compact thing its better with some sacrifice ..