Thread: How to Put music on a micro sd card

How to Put music on a micro sd card

Hi friends,

I am having 2gb Micro SD card and usb card reader with me, whenever i am trying to insert any song on my sd card i am getting an error message as Cannot copy, the disk is write-protected. Early i was able to copy images or pictures, but now i cannot do that also can anyone help me out with this issue.

Put music into micro SD card for my phone

Try to check if you haven't lock your micro Sd card or if you have inserted any password then remove that password and then try to put music into the memory card or else check out the below links.

The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or...
    Cannot write to drive "Media is write protected"

Micro sd card issue

I have try to entered password and removed it again, also checked out relative links but still getting same error message. Does anyone facing such kind of issue when you are trying to transfer to Micro Sd card.

How to Put music on a micro sd card

I was also getting same error message then i try to follow the steps and it work for me hope it will work for you too. First insert your memory card in Phone,and then goto Settings & Tools menu, select Card Memory, then select options, with the right soft key, select Format card, when that is done transfer the card to your card reader on your computer. Now open new windows explorer, it should recognize your card reader as a drive. When you open that drive, it will show your card directory. Over here select the songs which you want to insert on you Micro Sd card by pasting it in proper music folder.

Re: How to Put music on a micro sd card

okay i have had the same problem and tried many fixes, like throu the printer with the sd card but always get the write protect message. I bought a soniq usb card reader and installed the drives they supply with it first. I then hooked it up to the usb on computer and put the micro sd card in a holder locked it into holder and inserted it into its spot on card reader. Once the light goes blue it will then be able to format it by clicking my computer - click its removeable disk (*) letter of which there are 4 letters for the usb card reader depending on what slot is used on it. So right click on mouse too the one that corresponds to the one you have it in then it gives you the drop down list with format on it, format then you are then ready to put songs or pictures straight on to card while it connected to the reader.

If card get detected in windows then right click on my computer and go to manage then at left panel go to storage device there now on right panel you can see all storage disk select your card there and click right select format if once that get formatted you can access it ..

hmmm i tried that too but it will still give you the write protection piece on the screen when you try to format it but you could probably do that once you have the sd drivers, which seems too be what is missing to format the sd card and why it gives the write protection message in the first place.

Right click on My Computer
    Choose Properties
    Switch to the hardware tab
    There should be a button like "Device Manager". Click on this.
    Find your micro sd card on this list. Right click on it and choose uninstall.
    Unplug the micro sd card, wait a few seconds then plug it back in.