Thread: Compaq Presario C500 drivers for Win XP

Compaq Presario C500 drivers for Win XP

Hello everyone,

I have already done a search on your forum to solve my problem but without any results.
    I purchased a Compaq Presario C500 laptop with windows vista ... vista problems with many applications that I used so I thought to format and put the good old windows xp ...

The problem is that I can not find the correct drivers for audio .... I tried a search on the compaq site but the drivers that I download is not working

Someone had my same problem? as it has solved? or you can give me directions?

thanks in advance!

While I await your response to my ongoing research on network

Re: Compaq Presario C500 drivers for XP

What sound card has your laptop? What driver did you want?

ICH7 (so called), however the chipset is an intel 945GM but if you search for on the site are only driver intel video card and mainboard basta.la the handset is not known with aida32 (software to recognize the hardware).
    I now I'm trying ubuntu (I have the version which is always c555ea of C500 family). In addition to me with windows xp I found a driver for the controller network and quacosa for the bus.

I made that problem because 'I have installed all the drivers for Xp of a HP notebook which only had drivers for Vista. The installation of the sound card and 'was one of the more' cumbersome, so I was wondering if, since the Compaq and HP notebooks using many identical components, where the driver for the sound card was the usual.

Re: Compaq Presario C500 drivers for Win XP

I made that request because 'I have installed all the drivers for Xp of a HP notebook which only had drivers for Vista. The installation of the sound card and 'was one of the more' cumbersome, so I was wondering if, since the Compaq and HP notebooks using many identical components, where the driver for the sound card was the usual.