Thread: iPhone won't go into DFU mode

iPhone won't go into DFU mode

I have an iPhone 3G on IOS 4.0 GM and I am annoying to jailbreak by means of redsnow for windows but while I attempt to place it in DFU form it just does not anything. I have attempted a complete restore, but then also cannot solve the issue. Anyone know why this is happening? Or is there any way to just come out from this problem.

Re: iPhone won't go into DFU mode

So you connected up your iPhone up to your computer, and after that detained the Sleep and Home button for few seconds after that released the Sleep and kept holding the Home button and it still did not go into DFU form? Google a program called RecBoot. Not confident if you are utilizing a Mac or pc. I make use of Mac and I know they have for that. You just have to click a button so it does not get simpler than that.

I currently have a novel trouble my iPhone won't restore the small bar stops 2 or 3 of the way through after that iTunes freezes and I cannot restore to 3.1 or 4.0. Do you think this will be fixed on the 21st or do you have any ideas to help me out? I am currently on windows. Please provide me few help or some information which help me to solve the issue.

I fixed the restore part it was because iTunes 9.2 is not well-matched with Wi-Fi sync one time I uninstalled that it worked great but I still cannot get into DFU mode I attempted a whole restore and re-downloaded redsnow and still not anything is it because I am on 4.0 on my iPhone by that I mean is it a software or hardware trouble.

Neither redsnow nor Spirit sucks. They are two extremely dissimilar jailbreaks, and both have its pros and cons. Spirit is easy, does not need a restore, and works on any device, but it is simply patched by Apple and one must be cautious while updating iTunes; Redsn0w is more enduring, ensures that your phone can always be jailbroken by your boot loader and getting you on the "jailbreak train," and can hacktivate your phone, but has a steeper learning curve and will not work for every devices. Which jailbreak is better for you depends on your requirements.

Steeper learning curve because of the necessitate to download and choose the accurate firmware, the need to select the accurate activation option, and they require for few users to determine what baseband version they contain, and the frequent need to utilize the undocumented "old firmware" trick to get redsnow to work. I as well, like redsnow, but you cannot sincerely be arguing that we have not seen dozens of threads by people who have unsuccessful to complete their jailbreak with redsnow. There are places for both forms of means in the jailbreaking community.