Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-02-2009

TeleNav GPS Navigator for T-Mobile G1 Android phone

TeleNav introduces the GPS Navigator for the Android-based T-Mobile G1 smartphone. TeleNav’s GPS Navigator application offers full-color, 3D, turn-by-turn GPS navigation; advanced speech recognition

The GPS Navigator displays directions in full color 2D and 3D maps with voice and on-screen turn-by turn directions in both landscape and portrait orientations. I decided to literally take the program on a test-drive. The database has a large, easy to search listing of businesses, restaurants, gas stations (which you can sort by price), shopping, entertainment, lodging, hospitals, services, etc. You can do your search by entering a specific address, by voice or by text. I found the voice recognition to be a bit buggy, so I opted to use the text entry method.

TeleNav offers current weather conditions and a five-day forecast for your present location, or any other location that you choose.

TeleNav GPS Navigator will be released on 24 February 2009, and the service costs $9.99 per month.
Old 13-02-2009

Re: TeleNav GPS Navigator for T-Mobile G1 Android phone

The software also supports voice recognition, making it safer to enter destinations while driving. Planning longer trips can also be done on TeleNav's website and sent to the handset for later.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,