Thread: Touch pad problem , double click wont work

Touch pad problem , double click wont work

hello,
    I have a friend who has an acer laptop and a touch pad is defective.
    In fact we come to move the cursor with the help our finger, but when we want to open any file, double click the application is via our finger does not work!
    we have to go through the keys (like a normal mouse, right click and left). Outside is a bit restrictive.

I have already made the manipulation Fn + F7; update the driver for the mouse, but nothing happens.
    I thought to use a backup, but I can not because too many things have been done since the touch pad is defective.
    So I come to you whether you have a solution.
    Thank you for your answers in advance.
    "Water is insubstantial. By this I mean you can not grasp hold of it. You can not punch it and hurt it. Be formless, shapeless, like water.

Re: Touch pad problem , double click wont work

Test by cleaning (pc off) with damp sponge and dry cloths.

Did you look in the configuration of the key pad if the click or double click is not disabled
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have nothing but clean up to do.

but I am not against looking into the configuration of the key pad. I'll watch it tomorrow. Thank you
    "Water is insubstantial. By this I mean you can not grasp hold of it. You can not punch it and hurt it. Be formless, shapeless, like water.

Under mouse options is your touch pad enabled? Do you have a TouchPad tab on Mouse from the control panel?

If you don't, you might have accidently removed the program or the driver needs to be updated or re-installed. There should be a system disk with your notebook. Wait until you are well into your desktop before inserting the disk, otherwise if you insert the disk at start-up you might erase your hard drive. Your drivers will be on that disk, otherwise you can try to update your driver through the Device Manager, which I've had no results from without the disk.

Your touchpad just might be wearing out. Just like the touchpads in some elevators, the floor you want will never light up.

I like using a mouse with my notebook. It is not as convienient or compact, but it is much, much, more accurate. They have all kinds of gizmos and mini mice, for notebooks that travel, on the market. If your notebook stays in one locale, any USB mouse will work provided you have enough harddrive space and RAM to support the model of your choice.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Go back to your control panel of your mouse; once there, in your pointer options menu, lower your speed of your cursor. Your speed might be set too high, and if it is, it will prevent your mouse from functioning properly, including not being able to click.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain