Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem reading USB stick

Portable Devices

Old 05-02-2009

Problem reading USB stick

hello,
My computer in windows xp does not recognize my USB Jump Drive Lexar Media 128 MB when it is already lit (it does in fact any other key!). I have no driver for this key and I do not know how to get it. Is this reading problem may be that I do not have this driver ? How do I solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

Old 05-02-2009

Re: Problem reading USB stick

Hi Empty Shell, if you have xp, it is normally automatically recognized (even ff the drivers, you should have a signal telling you that you just plug a new device).

The problem may be the USB port simply, Try testing your key on another pc, and see the result.
Old 05-02-2009

it seems that drivers missing. first install the latest drivers for motherboard, in fact, this card is USB and the USB port belongs to the motherboard and needs a driver for function properly.
Old 05-02-2009

Thank you for your message. In fact, it was a USB port due to a virus ... I have recently formatted my hard drive and now everything works correctly.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,