Thread: Issues with Ipod and Magic mouse on iMac

Issues with Ipod and Magic mouse on iMac

Hello, I have an iMac which is installed with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. I am facing some problems with my Ipod and the Magic mouse while using it with the Imac. Whenever I start the Itunes and Sync the Ipod, the system displays message Not enough space to synchronize Ipod. It also prompts me to remove some titles from the device. I cant understand this error as the Ipod has about 1gb of Memory free. Second problem which I am facing is, Whenever the Magic mouse is connected to the iMac with a Bluetooth keyboard, the Batteries of both B/t Keyboard and Magic mouse drain fast. The Batteries of the bluetooth keyboard last long if the Magic mouse is not connected. Please help.

Re: Issues with Ipod and Magic mouse on iMac

The problem which you are facing with the Ipod is due to the Itune's. Many of the problem which are related to Ipod are due to Itunes. Itunes get corrupted easily and then create problems while synchronizing the Ipod. Save the existing libraries of the Itunes by importing the Libraries. Once the libraries are saved, uninstall the itunes and delete all the keys of it from the system. Once the itunes is uninstalled, Download the version of the Itunes which is compatible with the generation of the Ipod you are using. Install the Itunes and then export the library from the location you have saved them. Then sync the Ipod, now the Ipod will not give any errors.

Check the free space on the Ipod by connecting the Ipod to the computer and see the memory details of the Ipod from the Itunes. It is possible that a certain file in the library is greater than 1gb and hence the Itunes is giving the error for not enough memory. If there is no file which is greater than 1gb and still the system is giving the same error then try resetting Ipod. To reset the Ipod, Press the center click and the Menu button together and keep pressing them till the Ipod displays the Apple Icon. Resetting the Ipod will solve the Issue.

There must be something wrong with the batteries of the bluetooth keyboard you are using to connect to iMac. The battery life of the Bluetooth keyboard is about 3 days if charged completely and used continuously. There should be no drop in the battery life if the Magic mouse is connected. The battery life of the Bluetooth keyboard is more because the keyboard is put to sleep if it is not used for a long time which saves a lot of battery. The keyboard is brought out of sleep when any of the key is pressed on the keyboard. Hence there should be no issue with the battery life of the keyboard unless the batteries are damaged. Get the batteries checked and replaced before it creates further problems.

I am also facing the same problem with the Magic mouse and the Bluetooth keyboard combination. The bluetooth keyboard works fine when used alone with the Macbook, but as soon as the Magic mouse is connected the battery drains out faster. Usually the batteries of the keyboard work for atleast a week but if the Magic mouse is used, the batteries dont last for even 2 days. This problem is faced by many users of the Apple and apple still has not provided any solutions about the issue. So we will have to wait till Apple comes with any solution to the Problem. Hope they come up with solution really fast.