Thread: Handycam (sony) SR 36 - clips

Handycam (sony) SR 36 - clips

I recently bought a Sony SR 36 Handycam. Last night I used it for the first time, recording a live choral concert of about 1 hour. As I was the conductor, I simple pressed the record button and left the cam to work away. When we finished I stopped it. That was about one hour later. Also I recorded onto Memory Stick PRO Duo, not onto the hard disk.

Today I downloaded the Memory Stick onto my computer (Windows OP XP). No problem so far.

I now want to edit the material, i.e. I want to extract COPIES of some of the items to upload them to You Tube. (I want the computer file to remain intact.) There is a certain urgency about this as I am being pressed to do so by members of the choir I conduct. However, so far, despite looking through the Handbook and tinkering carefully with the PMB Browser, I can find no way of getting extracts.

As I am computer and technology ignorant, it could well be that I completely missed the material in the manual by simply not recognising it for what it is.

Can anyone help, please?

Re: Handycam (sony) SR 36 - clips

There are a lot of softwares that will help you with your work. try searching the net. Google is your friend.

hi try Magix Video Deluxe 15 ,i hope this application will work for you
    for more check here
    Magix Video Deluxe 15 video editing software now available

for download http://www.magix.com/de/video-deluxe/

Well let me ask you some questions.
    have you got the footage from your sony handicam to your hard disk?
    IF no then 1st get the footage on your hard drive & make a copy of the footage in another drive SO now you have 2 copies of your footage,1 for further working & 1 for backup.
    Now only work on 1 copy.
    I hope you are getting the thing.
    If you want to know how to get the videos from your handycan to comp then you have to read the manual.
    Let me see the product & come back to you for this.

For editing the material you can have a lot of softwares available over the net.

You can also use windows movie maker for the same its a tool within windows & easy to use.

Thank you all for you kind replies.

It was a problem in the main down to my sheer ignorance of techspeak and an almost ovewhlming fear of losing the material if I do something wrong or make an error.

In fact, on reading the manual for about the 5th time and still not making much sense of it (who writes these things?) I hit a drop-down menu that I had missed before. There was something called Manipulate. When I went into this a window opened that showed something like how to isolate a section of the original recording, so I went for it. My attempt was quite crude. I had to refer back to the original seveal times to find the places to start and end the sections I wanted. (There must be a better way, but it works and I will learn a little more in time, no doubt.) Somehow this area seems omitted from the manual, which is so full of other data that I have at present no need of.

Anyway, the end result is that I was able to meet my deadline - just about. I'll looking into your suggestions and the software that has been recommended. It will probably provide a more elegant way of doing things than they way I have been doing it.

So thanks again for everything - and damn manuals to hell!