Thread: ipod error 1439

ipod error 1439

Hi to all,
    I'm having ipod mini, When i opened itunes a message came as "itunes has detected an ipod that is corrupted and may need to restore before it can be used with itunes". When I selected restore, it got start with restoring but in between got stuck with message saying "unknown error has occurred and ipod cannot be restored. Error 1439" . I have tried to update/reinstall drivers, reformatting, unplugging and plunging, nothing works. Is it time to get a new ipod?

Thanks for any help!

Re: ipod error 1439

It could be cause of iTunes 7.7.

The problem could be the knotty iTunes or some other but not the hardware problem as you can put it into the disk mode. In this condition if you format the iPod then the system may show it filled with the data, although formatting releases the device from all the data.

You can try to update the Tunes. The newer version of iTunes may help you in this regard and probably you may not get this error message in future. But the data which has already got lost due to the former attempts of curing the problem, like formatting, might have rendered the important data out of your access.

solving ipod error 1439

I'm having iPod touch, I had a similar problem. I had to downgrade to iTunes 7.7.0 to fix it. I restored my iPod with that version and it worked fine. Try this and see if it works, hopefully it will.

Re: solving ipod error 1439

Quote Originally Posted by Murena View Post
    I'm having iPod touch, I had a similar problem. I had to downgrade to iTunes 7.7.0 to fix it. I restored my iPod with that version and it worked fine. Try this and see if it works, hopefully it will.
    I think it is. My iPod is finally fixed after I tried restoring with iTunes version 7.7.0. Thank you!

Hi All

Silly question but how do you download itunes version 7.7.0 cos when I try it only comes up with the 8.1 version and will not let me get the other
    Any idea?
    Thanks Pom

Hi, here is the link for you Download : iTunes 7.7.0 , Its not directly available on apple site, Just got by searching. Hope this will help. good luck
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Ive done all of these but now when i open itunes it asks if i would like my ipod to be restored, i click ok but nothing happens. Then when i click on the ipod page the area where it should show all the information or songs is just black.

Hello there, I think that there is some problem in the iPod. So, why not show your device to the authorized service center? They may be acquainted with such errors in the device because of which they will be able to solve the problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

ipod error 1439

It could be that there is some firmware issues related to the same. You need to update the firmware for the same. This may help in sorting the issue for you.