Thread: commwarrior virus on my Nokia 3660

commwarrior virus on my Nokia 3660

Hi,
    My nokia 3660 is infected with commwarrior virus, it makes my phone restart every one minute making the phone unusable and making me waste money by aborting my calls.I did formatted the mobile by using *#7780# to format. I did formetted the phone by using *#7370# also how to remove it from my mobile & give me any antivirus software for nokia 3660. .

P.S.- Phone works well when MMC card is not inserted in my phone.
    Whats my name again? I spend so much time looking at code i fogot my own name ahhh!

Re: commwarrior virus on my Nokia 3660

Scan and format your memory card using a card reader with the help of antivirus installed in computer. Insert the memory card in phone. Format it again using using built-in software of phone ,click 'card memory'. Your phone is now ready for normal use.

Update your phone software from Nokia site or Nokia Service center and try another memory card in your phone.

Update your phone software from Nokia site or Nokia Service center and try another memory card in your phone.
    The problem is with the memory card phone works fine without it. when i inserted MMC card, phone also got infected with the virus, so i had to format my phone now my phone. so it will be useless to update my phone software from nokia site. please suggest me some software that can delete Commwarrior virus from my phone and MMC.
    Whats my name again? I spend so much time looking at code i fogot my own name ahhh!

Download F-Commwarrior it deactivates Commwarrior.A, Commwarrior.B and Commwarrior.C worms from Symbian S60 phones. Please note that this tool is not an antivirus product. It just deactivates the worm and boots the phone
    so that Commwarrior is no longer running on the phone. This tool is intended to give user time to download Anti-Virus without spreading the worm further.

For cleaning up the phone, use F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus, which offers real time protection against harmful content and automatic wireless updates.
    "All gave some, some gave all."

Nokia N70 Restart Automatically after infection by commawarrior

hi everybody,
    My N70 is infected yesterday by Commwarrior, and till now i can't use it because it restart all the time just after booting and showing me the clock.

Please Help me, i need the notes stored in it.
    Thank you

If your phone is infected with Comwarrior and you cannot install files over bluetooth, you can download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus directly to your phone

1. Open web browser on the phone
    2. Go to http://mobile.f-secure.com
    3. Select link "Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus" and then select phone model
    4. Download the file and select open after download
    5. Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
    6. Go to applications menu and start Anti-Virus
    7. Activate Anti-Virus and scan all files
    8. Reboot your phone to kill Commwarrior process that is still running

After disinfecting you phone, you can remove remaining empty directories by going to application manager and uninstalling the SIS file in which Comwarrior arrived (either commw.sis or random name)

sad Re: commwarrior virus on my Nokia 3660

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsly View Post
    If your phone is infected with Comwarrior and you cannot install files over bluetooth, you can download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus directly to your phone

1. Open web browser on the phone
    2. Go to http://mobile.f-secure.com
    3. Select link "Download F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus" and then select phone model
    4. Download the file and select open after download
    5. Install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
    6. Go to applications menu and start Anti-Virus
    7. Activate Anti-Virus and scan all files
    8. Reboot your phone to kill Commwarrior process that is still running

After disinfecting you phone, you can remove remaining empty directories by going to application manager and uninstalling the SIS file in which Comwarrior arrived (either commw.sis or random name)

Hi,
    Thanks Pugsly for your quick answer, but i can't do this since my phone doesn't boot normally like before . It restarts just after displaying the Nokia logo or the clock (desktop).

Please if you have a solution for this. Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by sysproo View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks Pugsly for your quick answer, but i can't do this since my phone doesn't boot normally like before . It restarts just after displaying the Nokia logo or the clock (desktop).

Please if you have a solution for this. Thanks a lot
    If by any chance you can go to the memory card options and setting area in your phone then you can possibly try to either format your memory card or take the option of master reset respectively.