Thread: Asus Eee Keyboard at CES

Asus Eee Keyboard at CES

Asus has brought with it a keyboard PC at CES event, Las Vegas. This is the newest innovation by the Taiwanese vendor.

The company describes the Eee Keyboard as a fully functional PC designed to be used in conjunction with another device. Asus has demoed an innovative keyboard PC with a 5” touchscreen built in.

Along with the included screen that can be used for browsing and other tasks, the Eee keyboard can be used to stream media or browse the internet by attaching it to a television or other type of screen.

The device is designed to be portable at just under 1Kg, and boasts a range of features. It runs Windows XP Home, includes a 1.6GHz Intel Atom microprocessor, 1Gb of DDR2 DRam and a choice of 16GB or 32GB solid state drives for storage.

Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.0 and Ultra Wideband HDMI, as well as USB and VGA ports.

The design is still in the concept stage but is looking pretty well advanced. No announcements are awaited on release information.

Re: Asus Eee Keyboard at CES

The PC has come full circle!

Aside from the Compaq luggable, our first home computer was a TRS-80 offspring called the MC-10. Like the TRS-80 series, the Commodore 64/128s and a whole raft of contemporary systems, these were effectively keyboards with integrated computers and 'themed' peripherals.

Technically the Tandy 102 is even closer, since it also had an integrated display, but it didn't do TV out in any way...

Of course, you can't really compare the MC-10's 6803 with the Asus' Atom processor...

Re: Asus Eee Keyboard at CES

First the EEE-PC, now this.

When I started to read the article I thought "Wow, if there was some wireless way to connect this to my TV I would love to have one in my home", then I read about the "Ultra-Wideband Wireless HDMI port".

When can I buy one?

And will it come with some neat way to charge it such as standing it end-up in a slot in a charger using inductive coupling? Then it can stand next to my TV, or on a table near the sofa ready to be grabbed when required.