Thread: Vista Builded Laptop doen't support win Xp Istallation.

Vista Builded Laptop doen't support win Xp Istallation.

Hi Everyone.

I have a big problem that is about my laptop. I have a HP dv6000 laptop, it has windows Vista installed. Now I am trying to install the Win XP, so it doen't support it to be installed. If anyone knows pls provide me with information.
    Thanks.

Re: Installing the Xp in the laptop which is having Vista OS

For installing the Windows XP operating system having the Windows Vista Operating system Insert the Windows XP bootable disc and restart the laptop. During the reboot the system will give you the option to boot from the disc and select this option as suggested. If this option does not comes on the screen then again restart the laptop and enter in the BIOS setup of your laptop and select the first boot device as the DVD ROM of you laptop. Again rebbot the laptop. Now the system will give the option to boot from the XP disc. Select this option and continue with the installation. During the setup select the DRive you want to install the XP OS. If you want to install the OS on the drive which is currently having the Vista OS then select that drive and format it first. Now the XP OS will be installed on your laptop without any problem.

Re: Vista Builded Laptop doen't support win Xp Istallation.

Hello, You are getting problem while installing Windows xp on your laptop as your laptop contains higher version of Windows than your current installation of windows. So, first of all you need to format your hard drive and then you will able to install the Windows xp on your laptop as there would not be any os installed in it. So, try this, it will solve your problem.