Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009

Linksys launches Wireless Home Audio System

The famous network equipment maker Cisco today introduced through its Linksys division general public a slew of multimedia networking, Wireless Home Audio range. Like the products offered by Sonos, these devices can play in different rooms of music from several sources. The range consists of readers, remote control and accessories.

Readers

The Director connects to a pair of speakers or active or passive to an existing audio. It actually contains its own 50-watt amplifier in a single exit line. It also features a color touch screen with a diagonal of 3.5 inches to access all its features.

The Conductor meanwhile incorporates a CD player and a pair of speakers. Equipped with a color touch screen extended to 7 inches, it can operate autonomously, without connecting to the network.

Old 07-01-2009

Re: Linksys launches Wireless Home Audio System

Contenting itself with a network connectivity and a line output, the Player is the most affordable of the three players. It still requires a remote control.

Remote
As its name suggests, the Controller, with a wireless network connection and a color touch screen, can control all devices in range in the house.

All equipped with an Ethernet network connection and / or WiFi, these devices allow access to music stored on computers or servers, network storage that are on the same network, provided they share the files through iTunes or sharing DLNA.

A simple remote control IR Remote Control is also available.

Accessories

A docking station for iPod, logically named Docking Station for iPod allows you to connect an iPod to a Director or a Conductor. Connected to one of these devices, it will nevertheless be accessed from any of those on the same network.

The Stereo Speaker Kit is nothing but a pair of passive speakers to be connected to the Director.

All these elements are already available in the United States with the exception of Conductor who will in the coming weeks. The Director and the Player are respectively sold for 450 euros and 300 euros. Remote Controller Remote Control and IR are in turn for 350 euros and 30 euros. The pair of speakers and the docking station are in turn sold 80 and 150 euros respectively.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,