Thread: Dell Precision M2400, which do you think?

Dell Precision M2400, which do you think?

As the title, what do you think of this small workstation?
    Certainly the portability is good, and when I believe that 14.1 "wide is the optimum size.
    What is a good one or not it worth it? To do so what do you think of the framework FX370M?

Thanks

Re: Dell Precision M2400, which do you think?

The difference in weight and size between a 14.1 and a 15.4''''is not so strong ... then working with graphics programs 3d better screen largest tire less because the sight.
    The FX370M is a good video card at work ... if you use autodesk programs and projects are not too complex if they can do without.

The difference in weight and size between a 14.1 and a 15.4''''is not so strong ... then working with graphics programs 3d better screen largest tire less because the sight.
    The FX370M is a good video card at work ... if you use autodesk programs and projects are not too complex if they can do without.
    The difference is not so marked are not in agreement. I happen to have both and I must say that the 14.1 "is extremely convenient, as a burden but as size.
    Of course the screen is a bit smaller, but me I get along well.
    I am glad that the FX370M is good, because the difference is right there. Video card with a pro, you can manage projects in a much more fluid.
    So all in all we can say, apart from the question screen, which is a good mobile workstation?

Consider, however, that the FX370M is the entry level for Nvidia cards for professional, so if the projects are very complex will not necessarily be able to manage them better.
    Overall, there is a good Workstation to start working with 3D graphics in a professional manner, then depends on the type of work.

I start from the premise that a fixed workstation is a must, but can also happen to work in non-office as I am doing today for example-and then there the lack of a workstation is felt (I'm putting in place more of Trivia when we have made to do all the rest).
    The question is whether it is worthwhile to spend more than 1500 euros per M2400 with all the limitations of the case or agrees to make a different choice, however, because the benefits are just over a consumer notebook.

The question you're asking is very interesting ... I am convinced that a notebook for work should guarantee to do so in the best way and if a professional video card you can make work easier then there are money well spent, But if you believe that the same work could be done with a notebook "normal" then we can save some money ... you can of course only you know.