Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 actual storage is only 4.59GB instead of 8 GB?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 actual storage is only 4.59GB instead of 8 GB?

Hi, I have bought a New Tablet which is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and this is my first ever tablet. I have been playing with my Tab. Yesterday was trying to load a movie on it and was surprised to find out that it prompted a message as I didn’t have enough space. It has 8 GB, but when I have a look at the available storage it only shows 4.5 GB. I called up Samsung in regards of this and they said that the remaining memory is used by the OS and some room is left to restore the system. Is it right, like I do not understand is so much space required? As most of the movies are bigger than 4 GB so I don’t think that I’ll be able to save even one movie on it. I’ll have to save my movies on external SD card. I even want to know how I should move apps to external memory card.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 actual storage is only 4.59GB instead of 8 GB?

Yes it is perfectly alright as all the devices which are available in market use the space for the processing. You can take a look at your desktop computer or even at your Laptops the operating system takes up the memory. So just be relaxed as it is not the issues which only you are facing there are many of us who have the same question but it’s actually a problem.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 actual storage is only 4.59GB instead of 8 GB?

If you have to save some memory on your Galaxy Tab then move your apps to the external SD card. First you have to install the application onto your Samsung Galaxy Tab and then perform these steps:
    1. From the home screen press menu button which is below the screen.
    2. Select Settings
    3. Then tap on “Applications”
    4. Now tap on “Manage Applications”
    5. Choose the App which you want to move.
    6. Now tap the “Move to SD card” button.

The Galaxy Tab now will go through the process of installing the app on your external SD card. This process may become tedious if you want to move all the apps to your SD card. So to move all the apps to the SD card there is am app called as “SDMove” this will help you move all your apps to SD Card. Note that the apps which you move to the SD card will not be accessed when the device is mounted to the computer.