Thread: PSP WLAN Settings

PSP WLAN Settings

Hi
    Here is my question :
    How to setup a WLAN for my PSP? Can anybody give me the settings for it? thanks for any help !

Re: PSP WLAN Settings

First go to network update, select new connection and when scaning for an access points in wlan settings, to input the SSID of your WLAN manually. If the SSID broadcast is disabled on your router, then the scan will not find the network.

You can adjust the network settings to connect to a wireless local area network (WLAN). The following two WLAN modes are available.

Ad Hoc Mode

In this mode, you can communicate directly with other PSP™ systems. To establish a connection in ad hoc mode, the PSP™ systems must either be set to [Automatic] or to the same channel. Usually set this option to [Automatic]. For details, refer to the instructions supplied with the software compatible with ad hoc mode.

• Automatic :Automatically switches to the best channel for communication
    • Ch 1, Ch 6 or Ch 11 : Communicates using the specified channel

Infrastructure Mode

This mode is used for connecting the PSP™ system to the Internet using a wireless LAN access point. To connect to the Internet, you must first create a network connection.

For more details on Infrastructure Mode visit http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...ngs/infra.html

PSP WLAN Settings

• To connect to a wireless network, go to the home screen of your PSP -> Settings -> Network Settings, so enter this and on the next screen you'll be asked to choose between Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure, so pick the latter by selecting it and pressing X.

• Pick New Connection and press X. give name by pressing X and using the text-entry screen. When you've entered the name for your new Connection you'll be asked whether you want to scan for WLAN settings or to enter them manually; select the Scan option and press right on the directional-pad. Your PSP will then scan the area for any available networks and collect the settings needed

• A list of available networks (called Access Points) will be displayed, giving its name (called an SSID), whether it's encrypted or not and the signal strength. If there is more than one network, select one you want to join and press X. confirm the settings . When you get to the security settings, choose the appropriate setting from the list, which is WEP in most cases, and press right on the D-pad again. If you need to enter the WEP key, speak to whoever runs the wireless network and they'll provide it for you. Press X and enter the WEP using the text-entry screen.

• Once you've done that you can check the settings you've entered on the final screen and save them. Now you'll be able to connect to the wireless network. Browse the internet using the PSP's in-built internet browser.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

but how do you find one on a sky router?

thats what i dont get my psp says that a connection has occured the wlan swith is not turned on?

but i cant find a wlan switch!!!!!!
    master B.lillington

On the lower left edge of your PSP when you're facing the screen, there's a small silver slider switch: that's your WLAN switch. Slide it upwards
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"