Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-12-2008

China mobile - How to make incomming call silent?

Hi All,

I would like to know how to make the incoming call silent in china mobile phone.

I have key symbol with #along music symbol strike through. If i press that nothing happens and still it keeps ringing.

Please advise.

Thanks
ashok
Old 29-12-2008

Re: China mobile - How to make incomming call silent?

Isn't there CALL SETTINGS option in your China mobile as is there in other mobiles? I believe it must be there. Just select the silent mode, or customize the call settings as you like, with just vibration ON and ring OFF. This will put your mobile to the silent mode for incoming calls.
Old 29-12-2008

Hi,

Well i have that option. But what i need is by having general setting and when you get call it starts ringing at this point of time in nokia/other mobiles you get option to click / select silence. If you select this it goes into silence but call will not disconnect.

Please advise.

Thanks
ashok
Old 29-12-2008

Many mobiles has this option of pressing # to switch between call setting modes. Like from Vibration mode to Vibrate & Ring mode. If your mobile supports this feature, then you can do this by continuously pressing # for about 4 seconds, and then the call setting mode will be swapped between two recent modes. You can confirm if your mobile supports this feature by referring its manual.
Old 29-12-2008

Isn't there a profile in your china phone where you can select silent option so that whenever you get a call you will not hear anything. It might be located somewhere in tools or some other place in your phone? Which model of chine phone you are using btw?
Old 30-12-2008

Hi All,

I have set user profiles to General in my china mobile.

The above option is available in Nokia cell phones the moment you get call in menu you get option select silence. Phone rings in silent mode. I checked the same in this china mobile i don't see this option. Let me know if anybody tried it.

What is the code to look at make and model of my phone ???

As i see most of china phones are written Bluetooth FM no company / brand name

Thanks
ashok

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,