Thread: watching movie in Linux netbook

watching movie in Linux netbook

Hi,
    Recently i got a new netbook installed with Linux OS. Can anyone help me to find how can i watch DVD in it if i want to...because my netbook does not have it ......

Re: watching movie in Linux netbook

You get external USB drives and enclosure which are pretty cheap but netbooks dont have DVD drive. You need to go to their sites (whichever linux flavor you are using ) to download respective drivers since most players dont have Linux version. You can download software known as Crossover - you can play any popular format in Linux. Download VLC for Linux it can play any format.

Hope this helps you

What you can do is get an external DVD player as been said earlier and then download the driver for it and use any of the players to use it (meant for linux), else you can use the other way round - use other PC to rip the dvd to anyother format "if its not compulsion for you to only watch DVD" then put it on flash drive and watch it using any media player.
    With regards to the media player apart fom VLC you can also try Cyberlink DVD players for Linux. CyberLink PowerDVD Linux supports DVD playback with navigation, subtitles, and rewind/fast forward, while CyberLink PowerCinema Linux is an all-around media player.

PowerDVD Linux is nothing more than to be called the compact version of PowerDVD for Windows it has the same features such as Surround and Dolby audio technology, TruTheater....It also includes playback controls for formats including DVD, AVCHD, and Blu-ray, the software provides a Movie Remix module that enables re-ordering movie scenes, adding subtitles, inserting animated PiPs and recording voice-overs.

But....... CyberLink PowerDVD Linux and PowerCinema Linux are available for OEM licensing for Linux netbooks and nettops......

All the best