Thread: Bios of notebook TOSHIBA SATELLITE 1800

Bios of notebook TOSHIBA SATELLITE 1800

Hello everybody, I need the password to unblock the bios of the notebook in the title, and tried the stack but nothing, however, extremely grateful if anyone has the information on how to do that.

As of now ... THANKS!

Re: Bios of notebook TOSHIBA SATELLITE 1800

charge the battery, wait a couple of minutes ......... press the power button, does not ignite, do not signal then save the config, put the battery back and ready .... putting time and remembers the settings you believe necessary.

Re: Bios of notebook TOSHIBA SATELLITE 1800

Hi,

When plugged into AC and booted up, the green plug light shows on the front. The computer on light glows green. The battery plug is variable. It can be red or blinking red or green or not lit at all. While plugged in and booted up, if you go into the control panel and look at the toshiba power management area, this is what you see. It shows that the AC power is on. It shows that the battery is, for example, charging. Then, for no reason, it starts using the battery! The battery gets used, is shows it as discharging, until the power becomes critical and if left alone, the computer shuts off. Sometimes, if you catch it at about 30% or so, you can pull the plug and plug it back in and the batter will go from discharge to charge and you are back in business. Other times, no matter how many times you fiddle with it, the battery mode remains dominant and it shuts down. When that happens, you have to wait a bit before turning it back on because the machine seems to need a bit of battery to boot up. I have looked around on line and this doesn't appear to be an isolated problem but I have not seen any useful suggestions for fixing it. I don't even know if it is a hardware or a software problem! We have two satellites, one with the problem and one without. Tried swapping the batteries and or the power cords, didn't make a difference. Suggestions appreciated.