Re: how can i create a bootable pendrive
1. The easiest way to do this is with a floppy drive, if you don't have one, there is an alternative method at the bottom of the guide.
2. For XP users insert a blank floppy disc into the drive, open My Computer and right click on your floppy drive and choose "Format" from the popup.
3. Make sure the 'create a bootable system disk' option is checked. This will add the system files needed by the USB drive from the floppy. Click 'OK' to format the disk.
4. HP are constantly changing this utility, and as such the version you download might differ from the one in the guide HP Drive Key Boot Utility V2.1.8. Its intended obviously for HP usb drives but works fine with most other usb drives.
5. Plug in your USB drive and run the HP USB disk storage tool.
6. Ensure that the tool has found the correct drive in the "Device" box. Change the "File System" to "FAT". Check the "Create a DOS startup disk" option, and in the "using DOS system files located at:" window, enter "A:\" to point the program to your floppy disk or browse to it. Now click 'Start'. The program will create the necessary boot files on the USB drive.
7. Reboot your pc, when you see the post screen hit the Escape key, this will bring up a Boot Menu screen. Choose your USB drive from the list and hit Enter.
8. If all has went well you should have rebooted to the C:\ prompt. Congratulations you have just made a Bootable USB pen drive.
|Tags: bootable, create, pendrive|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "how can i create a bootable pendrive"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to create a Bootable USB Key?||MurTuza||Guides & Tutorials||7||17-01-2012 07:46 AM|
|Creating a bootable Win7 pendrive/DVD on WinXP?||sneak3||Operating Systems||3||08-01-2011 11:32 AM|
|how can i make pendrive bootable||!!!joy||Portable Devices||1||12-06-2010 03:58 PM|
|How to create Windows 7 bootable pendrive||michaels||Operating Systems||6||22-11-2009 07:36 PM|
|Create Your Own Bootable Cds||Kuldeep S||Guides & Tutorials||1||28-04-2008 05:58 PM|