Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-12-2008

Braille Polaroid Camera For The Blind

People love taking pics. One of my favourite things is going on a night out and taking images of all my friends being embarrassing. Up till now the visually impaired haven't been able to get in on the action, but that could all change with the Braille Polaroid camera. It allows the visually impaired to take images of their surroundings, on a camera that functions like a Polaroid but prints out though a Braille printer. Now they can have a better idea of their surroundings, their friends silly faces and have a nice memento of their evening out.

It's still in the concept stage but I think this could potentially do very well, as I can imaging a lot of people would jump at the chance to use this.

Old 23-12-2008

Re: Braille Polaroid Camera For The Blind

Perfect to get a (literal) feeling of the environment around. Such an idea is currently manifesting itself as a concept at this point in time, although we're pretty sure that many people won't mind taking a shot at using this when (and if) it should ever be available.
Old 23-12-2008

Re: Braille Polaroid Camera For The Blind

This model enables the visually impaired to snap an image of their immediate surroundings, where it will then print out the image via a Braille printer

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,