Thread: problem with Acer Aspire 3000 blue screen

problem with Acer Aspire 3000 blue screen

Hi
    I have purchase aspire 3000 almost a year ago. Now i'm facing strange problem with it. Their is a blue screen that wont let me go to my home screen it happens every time as i turn on my laptop.its like logging on then the blue screen pops up and it shuts down and it does that over and over i don't get into the main screen. Please help

Re: problem with Acer Aspire 3000 blue screen

If you have a SP2 cd or cd of your OS or you can download it from microsoft, then just reinstall OS. Have you tried to go back to an earlier point in your system by using System Restore, Safe Mode, or choosing "Last known Good" or using the Recovery Console? If the above fails then your only recourse will most likely be to format and re-install.

It is possible that there is a logical error on in the file system. The "Windows Diagnostic" you mention is apparently chkdsk trying to fix it but is having problems. The best thing to do is use a boot cd to get to the Recovery Console and run "chkdsk /r" as described in the link.

Their is a blue screen that wont let me go to my home screen it happens every time as i turn on my laptop.its like logging on then the blue screen pops up and it shuts down and it does that over and over i don't get into the main screen. Please help
    This is call blue screen of death. Do you hear any noise from the hard drive at all? Have you gotten it wet? Have you dropped it? This most likely is a result of hardware failure but can also be caused by malware. Do you have another computer with CD burning capability? You could burn a few hardware tests onto cds and test the memory and the hard drive. google memtest86 for a memory test and DFT or Drive Fitness Test for a hard drive test utility. These have to be booted to by the laptop.

brother first check if it is under warranty period then you must go for it.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"