Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008

Accessories to Connect iPod to HiFi stereo ?

Hello all,

Is it someone with an iPod classic or not, has a dock connected to the HiFi stereo? History of using his iPod as platinum disc (mp3). I went to apple store, but it is not clear at all. Basically you have to buy a dock (with or without remote), plus cable to connect in CAR has its chain. But is this just a cable to connect on port dock the iPod or on the jack.

Thank you for your Help
Old 02-12-2008

Re: Accessories to Connect iPod to HiFi stereo ?

The dock Apple uses absolutely no headphone output, it is his interest because it is a true exit line. The connection to the HI-FI is therefore on the dock. In principle, there is even an A / V, which allows you to watch videos from the iPod on a TV. Do not the worry of the remote, it's still good practice ...
Old 02-12-2008

A string of brand X, a dock equipped with RCA but enough for a chain known brand but they also have their own dock (Yamaha, Denon, Marrantz ...)
Old 02-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noels View Post
The dock Apple uses absolutely no headphone output, it is his interest because it is a true exit line. The connection to the HI-FI is therefore on the dock. In principle, there is even an A / V, which allows you to watch videos from the iPod on a TV. Do not the worry of the remote, it's still good practice ...
Ok thank you for the answers. If I understand correctly, I need a dock. Then the cable to dock Hifi in CAR. Or find it? Because Apple store, I find it.

There's the universal dock without cable: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB125

And no cable dock in CAR. Or is there any standard output behind the dock?
Old 02-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith.J View Post
Ok thank you for the answers. If I understand correctly, I need a dock. Then the cable to dock Hifi in CAR. Or find it? Because Apple store, I find it.

There's the universal dock without cable: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB125

It is often standard.
In the case that your link is not been cable from the iPod.
Old 02-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith.J View Post

Not a cable jack / RCA is not enough. On the dock Apple the only possible connection is the owner connectique Apple. It must buy the cable Apple more. The only cable found is one that has AV outputs. A cable Apple -> RCA is not only to my knowledge.
For my part, I bought the PocketDock of SendStation, and I confirm what was already said in this forum: the sound out of this adapter (line out of the iPod classic) is beautiful (compared to the headphone output, which it is rotten)
Old 02-12-2008

Thank you for your responses.

it has the Good look but bad there's no remote control, I know I'm boring. But if you want to plug into the Stereo, it's better for Ziq change from the sofa. If I understand the docs Apple does that landed the top + iPod remote. After that I find the dock to RCA cable + video. It will not be given, I feel the gift of Christmas.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,