Thread: Logitech Classic Keyboard not working with vista

Logitech Classic Keyboard not working with vista

Hi I'm new to the forums. I've read in other forums that vista is having issues with the USB keyboard, but none have the solution.

Here's my problem: I'm using a USB Logitech Classic Keyboard 200 which was working fine for 1 whole week, but today its not working anymore. I tried restarting the computer but still not recognized. Checked the control panel > keyboard but the driver isn't there. (Scratch updating it)

I first thought the keyboard was busted. So I went to my sister's laptop and plugged it in. Works perfectly fine. I then thought my USB port was busted. I plugged in my USB mouse, works. Now I'm stuck dumb.

Help help help. Any idea on how to solve this problem? Would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Re: Logitech Classic Keyboard not working with vista

Follow up:

Last resort was I plugged the keyboard to another USB port... its good. Problem there is my keyboard stopped working on the previous USB port it was hooked to, forever. I'm going to run out of USB ports soon. Really stuck dumb.

Have you installed and softwares of hardware recently to the Vista Machine. Try rolling back the drivers for the keyboard and see if it works.

Hi choink,
    If the keyboard does not function correctly on computer, the keyboard may be defective. If this is the case, and the warranty on the keyboard is still valid, you can exchange the defective keyboard for a new keyboard.

I will also provide you some tips to remove and then reinstall the driver, follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the device from the computer.
    2. Turn off the power for the device, if the device has a separate power supply.
    3. Open Device Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:

• In Windows Vista, click Start, type device in the Start Search box, and then click Device Manager in the Programs list.
      • If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

4. Double-click Keyboard, right-click the keyboard that you use, and then click Uninstall.

Note If your device is not listed, this means that the device was removed automatically when you disconnected the device. Continue to the next step.
    5. Restart the computer.
    6. Turn the power back on for the device, if you have to, and then plug the device into the computer. Your computer detects the device, and then reinstalls the drivers for the device.

To download the latest drivers for the keyboard that you are using, visit the following Microsoft hardware Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK)

To change your port connection:
    1. Shut down your computer, and then plug your device into the correct port.
    2. Make sure that the plug is pushed securely into the connector on the computer.
    3. Restart your computer. Microsoft Windows detects the change, and then installs the drivers on the new port automatically.

Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it. But the problem still persists.

@ gonzo: Yeah. I've tried checking the Logitech site to see if there were any updates or the original installer. Sad to say none. The original installer is inside the keyboard. The driver is removed automatically when I disconnect it, so I can't rollback the driver on the first USB port (keyboard can't be detected it). The second port is working fine... for now. I rolled back the driver while the keyboard is plugged in on the second. No change for the first USB port.

@ philbert: Keyboard is working fine. Tested it in 2 other computers. The first USB port is also working fine since I tested it with my USB mouse. But I can't uninstall the keyboard driver in the first port since the device is automatically removed from the list upon disconnect. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver on the 2nd port. Its ok for the 2nd port, but no change for the first port.

Again thank you for the input guys. Vista =

Hi choink,

I have a similar problem. I have a Deltaco TB-104 keyboard/trackball connected to my HTPC running Vista Ultimate. It worked fine for a few weeks and then suddenly stopped working. The device works fine (I am typing this with it) on other computers and when I uninstall it and reconnect it it installs the driver like expected. but no input from keyboard or trackball is recognized.

I haven't figured it out and any help would be appreciated. I will naturally post any and all progress here.

Thanks

Hi Matinp,

No progress on my end. I'll post when I find out something. Goodluck to us all. (Yikes)