Thread: Microsoft: rumors about the announcement of a phone in February

Microsoft: rumors about the announcement of a phone in February

Many rumors surround Microsoft could now launch or announce as early as next February phones under its own brand. But not only this phone runs on Windows Mobile, but it would incorporate the processor NVIDIA Tegra.

Anyone who has followed the progress of this processor know that NVIDIA was full of praise about it on performance. This is not quite as regular processor also incorporates a graphics chip. Here is also a video where you can see Quake III running at 35 frames per second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UQVHJ3UFaA

We do not know what version of Windows Mobile phone could such a board. Either it is version 6.5 which is known it should happen next year or it would wait for the seventh version, expected in 2010.

What is certain is that if Microsoft starts well and truly on this sector, there will be confrontation with the iPhone. Yet not only has the technologies that are about him, as his excellent multitouch screen, but also a solid operating system on which to build.

On the other hand, the Tegra, which has not yet real life, is supposed to be a powerful processor. One can quite imagine a phone that would benefit from the experience gained on the Zune and would therefore share beautiful multimedia. One can also imagine that Microsoft would seek to establish a simplified platform for game development, for example using DirectX.

The announcement could be made during the 3GSM conference in February, a conference often used by Microsoft to launch new versions of Windows Mobile.

Re: Microsoft: rumors about the announcement of a phone in February

It's wonderful since the time I wanted a phone like that. In addition there microsoft mark above it all benefit, I adore fortunately they are out of small wonders. I put aside some buck immediately in case.

And then I say yes this the time

Tegra is the bomb. Search on youtube ... A demo or a tiny box size iphone is connected to a Full HD screen and video releases ... full HD without shy.
    Tegra is based on a Risc CPU and Nvidia after it gives the powerful and very important. During the demo we talked about 10-20h plain charge Now what is surprising is that Nvidia has always said that was not Tegra x86 and therefore no windows but he often added to it ... yet. But Nvidia has always spoken of marketing for the end of 2008 so it confirms.

This device if fate as it could show us crush the competition. What you need:

• multitouch
    • power
    • autonomy
    • APN quality 5Mpx
    • Filming in HD
    • Wifi, 3G

Can be for the future portable xbox

Wait & see ... but if it's true the iPhone is badly blocked
    Intel E6300 Allendale 1.86 Ghz
    GigaByte GA 965P DS3 LGA 775
    Sapphire Radeon X1800XT 256MB
    Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X 2 x 1GB RAM
    Antec TruePower 2.0 TP-II 550 Watt

Microsoft's interest to really work the seventh version of Windows Mobile they want in the shadow of the iphone ... Because at the moment, apart from the lack of openness of the platform, I prefer the iPhone at any point ...

I suppose that one year they have worked on design of the equipment. The brick shown is not good enough. But it makes me go to this news-TSMC announces 40nm-burning-advance -

It suggests that the Tegra could be burned in 40nm.