Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-11-2008

Black screen on IBM Thinkpad T42

hi , My IBM Thinkpad T42 under XP flickers at start but nothing on the screen. I connected external screen nothing more. I would at least recover photos and music before your help with repair .

Advance thank you for any help
Old 26-11-2008

Re: Black screen on IBM Thinkpad T42

Hi

If the main screen or secondary display screen is simply nothing that the integrated video chipset for laptop died (trumpet sound ... yes it has had its day ....).

The remedy to repair the attention but whether it's worth it, if the computer is still under warranty.

To get the photos, open the computer, remove the hard disk, the plug on an adapter that supports 2.5-inch disk (usually it is a USB device) and then plug in a USB therefore pc fixed or mobile, make reconnection disk on the system and then ..the magic copy, paste.
Old 26-11-2008

thank you again for the help.I will try the recup
Old 29-11-2008

hello
I come back with a question: is this complicated to change the video chipset? or the graphics card I'm not afraid to put their hands in the dirty with a little help!
thank you

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,