Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-11-2008

How to install Windows XP on laptop t61p

Hello everybody.

Recently bought a laptop (Lenovo t61p), it is of course arrived with vista ..
I wanted to install xp but like many I found myself faced with a problem: inability to detect my hard drive legal. I then traveled many forums and I realized that usinghttp://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-62909.html[/url] and the whole procedure (f6 ... etc) arrivals has finally solved my problem. that's what I did. The installation starts but after a while I get on a page that says: Insert the disk "Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver" ds drive A. I return the same disk but it does not. what do I put on my floppy to continue my installation?
thank you in advance
Old 20-11-2008
Dr. V

Re: How to install Windows XP on laptop t61p

Is it that you tried to leave the disk during the installation process ? Basically you let the disk, a moment he will ask the driver to choose (you press S to specify an additional device, you put the disk, you press Enter and then you choose the driver among those rested on the disk). Then he instructed the driver, but after you leave the disk in the drive

Keep us informed
Old 20-11-2008

thank you for your warm more than Reception on the forum
then yes I always left the disk containing the drivers during the process of installation
but I always on the same screen: "insert the disk called Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver in drive A: _ press enter when you are ready"

I enter nothing happens despite that I inserted the disk with the drivers.
Old 20-11-2008
Dr. V

you tried with another disk?
Old 20-11-2008

Maybe that files on the disk are not good?
Old 20-11-2008
Dr. V

The problem is that when the files are not good, it does not detect a hard drive in general

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,