Thread: Using GPRS enabled phone to browse the internet

IceFusion Guest

question Using GPRS enabled phone to browse the internet

Well i was wondering if any1 can tell me how do i browse the internet using my GPRS enabled phone....

I have the 6230 with a hutch connection with GPRS enabled.....I have an IR port and i get an option of using the phone as a standard modem over IR....

I tried to make a connection using it but i get to a option of inserting the no. to which the phone acting as modem must dial to......Any 1 knows what is that number and the username and password to be put up for hutch connection??

Try to use this no *99***2#
    if u use username and pw for browsing in Phone > then use the same in Dialup networking otherwise keep blank..

Iam not sure about the dialup no, u just try that, becas iam using the same with my P800 for Airtel..

IceFusion Guest
    nopes ....tried that no luck.....

IS query results gives successfull?

Pre-requisites:
    1. Installed PC software for nokia with modem drivers loaded. (the phone will show up as modem in new connection wizard)

2. Have subscribed to Advanced GPRS service (not that Rs.99 one ), advanced GPRS used to cost me 500pm whne i was in mumbai.

Method:
    1. Send WWW as sms to 111 and save the setting you receive

2. Create internet connection with your phone as modem and leave username and password blank. Enter the access number as *99#

Done
    The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
    -- Philip K. Dic k

deadman Guest
    can i connect to the net via infrared with my E700

IceFusion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by m31
    Pre-requisites:
    1. Installed PC software for nokia with modem drivers loaded. (the phone will show up as modem in new connection wizard)

2. Have subscribed to Advanced GPRS service (not that Rs.99 one ), advanced GPRS used to cost me 500pm whne i was in mumbai.

Method:
    1. Send WWW as sms to 111 and save the setting you receive

2. Create internet connection with your phone as modem and leave username and password blank. Enter the access number as *99#

Done
    i have got everythign except this advanced GPRS thing....

I made a connection using *99# and it showed connected...but no site would open up

Can anybody tell how l can connect to internet Using my N91

l have installed the Nokia Pc suite in my laptop but my phone cannot connect to internet. Is there any other software l need to install before l can connect to server. What are the requirements and ways to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by udonna View Post
    l have installed the Nokia Pc suite in my laptop but my phone cannot connect to internet. Is there any other software l need to install before l can connect to server. What are the requirements and ways to do it?
    you might try to (assuming Windows) open Network Connections, select ADSL(LAN?) and WLAN (use Ctrl-key), right click, and select Bridge Connections.