Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to connect nokia 5230 to computer for internet

Unable to connect nokia 5230 to computer for internet

Hi friends,
    I bought a new brand Nokia 5230 mobile phone, with the phone i didn't get the usb cable nor pc suite cd to connect it to the pc. I decided to buy usb cable and download pc suite for my phone. I bought usb cable and downloaded the pc suite driver and installed it on the computer. When i connected my phone to the computer a windows appeared as "new hardware device found", i proceeded to further and tried to connected my phone, everything worked fine but when i tried to connect to the net using my phone, it was not connecting to it. An error message was coming "please check the connected hardware" or something like that, Need help.

Re: Unable to connect nokia 5230 to computer for internet

You are facing a problem in coneecting to the internet using your phone nokia 5230. In this case it is possible that you might not have installed your mobile phone properly and you need to re-install your phone using pc suite. In the pc suite if it is the latest version then you have go to the option which is available in the window of the pc suite, from there you need to re-install your phone again. This method can help you to re-establish your phone connection with your computer.

You need to check whether you network provider has enabled or disabled your gprs connection on your number, it would also be the problem by which you are getting this kind of error message. If the problem persist then switch off your phone, then the simcard whichever you are using, after that on it after some time and see whether your peoblem is solved or not. If it not then You need to re-install the pc suite once againd and try to connect your mobile on more time.

You can use internet on your pc using your mobile as a modem with some settings, fi you have subscribed for the gprs then you need to do the following seeting in your computer.

You need to set a dial up connection to use internet on your computer by connecting mobile through pc suite via usb cable driver.
    After connecting your mobile to pc:

1. Go to control panel then to phone and modm option
    2. There you have to make location as india and pin code and dialling no:*99# or
    3. sometimes *99***1# when there is traffic load.
    4. After that in modem select modem then to the properties and to advanced then to modem advance=AT+CGDCONT=1,"Internet Provider","airtelgprs.com".
    5. After that again go to the properties then to the diagnostics and in diagnostics = query modem.
    6. The communication with modem is established.
    7. You need to make it default connection.
    8. After that restart both pc and mobile.
    9. In start menu go to connect to mobile modem and dial after connecting your mobile phone.

Most of the time there are network error and problem by which you cannot connect to the internet. If you want then you can try inevery interval of time and you can check by calling on the cutomer care number of the network provider. If they say that they are having some temporary proble with their network, there is no problem with your pc suite and if they say yes then there is a only one option left that you need to reinstall the pc suite software in your computer and try to connect your mobile with it.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

you should download new pc suite for particularly nokia5230

Quote Originally Posted by P.M. View Post
    you should download new pc suite for particularly nokia5230
    I too agree with you , mate. Even i observed that many latest Nokia mobiles need latest version of PC Suite or most probably Nokia Ovi Suite to function and work. Now a days, Software update process is also completely removed from the PC Suite. TO do so, you need OVI Suite only.

Hey.. same is the problem with me... when i connect ma phone with data caBle.. da Optn 2 select mass stOrage n Other optiOnx cOmex on ma mObile'x sCrene. but it dOes'nt cum on PC... Pc shOwx tht ma phOne ix still uncOnnected :/
    can any1 u help me out?

What do you select on your phone's device when that options appear ? Better select Mass storage. Many times it happens that when we select PC Suite from the options, it wont connect. This is due to some problem of your PC and not of your mobile. But while selecting mass storage it appears like a external device. If still it wont appears than you need to work on your pc because its not at all your mobile's fault.

ohmy Re: Unable to connect nokia 5230 to computer for internet

can anybody pls pls give me the link for nokia's 5230 pc suite..?? pls i need it soon...its very urgent...

Well, actually there is no different PC Suite particularly for 5230, you can use the same PC suite that you use for other Nokia Mobiles. Anyways, you can download the same from the below given link:
    Download Nokia PC Suite 7.1
    Download Nokia OVI Suite 3.0

hey frnds i buy new nokia 5230(3g) but i unable to connect my cell fone to pc for internet use from cel...error is showing quite file transfer from mobile ...
    will any1 help me

Quote Originally Posted by heenakk228 View Post
    hey frnds i buy new nokia 5230(3g) but i unable to connect my cell fone to pc for internet use from cel...error is showing quite file transfer from mobile ...
    will any1 help me
    Have you enabled the gprs settings on your mobile phone? You need to get the gprs settings first in your mobile phone from your service provider, just confirm the same with them. After that connect your mobile phone to the computer and install the mobile phone's modem driver in your pc and simply connect to the internet by using the pc suite or so.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have advance gprs seting enabled in my fone stil i unable to connect

Probably it seems the problem with your system (PC) and not with mobile. Hope GPRS/Internet is working properly. If yes, than simply reinstall your PC Suite (latest) from the the pc and than try to connect your Mobile. First, when you connect the mobile, you will get 2 installations prompt on your mobile (Automatically). Finish them. Thats it. Now try to connect. It should work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast