Thread: Iphone 3g blocked due to an update

Iphone 3g blocked due to an update

Following an update from my iphone, iphone 3g was jammed on the screen with the cable and logo iTunes. I tested all with iTunes 7.7 DFU mode with firmware 2.0, 2.0.1 ...
    Everything goes normal and a window with error 1013. So I do not have the restore.

Re: Iphone 3g blocked due to an update

Here are the steps for a successful 2.0 to 1.1.4 downgrade for those of you that updated to 2.0 and realized what a mistake it was. (Thanks goes to Geeb for finding the iTunes 7.5 solution, Thanks goes to Crumpx for the pwnage method). Note that this has been performed on a PC.

Ok, so you updated to iTunes 7.7 and then installed 2.0 and you’re stuck. Here are the steps to downgrade to 1.1.4. Note that the result of this guide will be that you will be back to 1.1.4 version of firmware with baseband of 2.0 (4.05.04_G).

1) The first problem in your downgrade is that you probably are getting error 20 in restore mode and error 160x in DFU mode. This is due to iTunes 7.7. So, you now you need to uninstall iTunes 7.7 and install iTunes 7.5. Make sure after your iTunes 7.7 uninstall you reboot your pc as it requests you to. **OSX users, see note at bottom of page to downgrade your iTunes.

2) Now that you have iTunes 7.5, you will still have the DFU driver for 7.7. This is good and will allow the process to work. Put your phone into DFU mode using the DFU steps.

3) Restore using iTunes 7.5. You will get an error like 1011, 1013, 1015. This is normal and expected. An error 1601, 1602, 1600 or anything else is not ok.

4) Once you get error above, leave iTunes open and kick your phone out of restore mode. I recommend just loading winpwn(PC) or pwnage(MAC) and pwning the device at this point. If pwnage fails to work, you need to restore your phone again. You should be able to use normal restore mode, however. Other ways to kick out of restore mode may be ibrickr, jailbreak 1.1.2 (boot phone), iLiberty+.

5) Once completed, you have a pwned device with baseband 4.05.04_G from firmware v2.0.

6) To get back to 04.04.05_G (1.1.4 baseband) load bootneuter. If you don’t have this, install it from installer. Run bootneuter with Neuter, 4.6, and unlock. When it’s done, you will have an unlocked 04.04.05_G right back where you started.

Note: if you get a boot neuter error like 05, 02 or such, you probably have more steps. Unfortunately, there is no safe answer to this one.The only method I know of to do this is to use a patched version of Ziphone as described here. Before you do this, you should know the risks. Read my Ziphone warning here. Your other option is to just wait for dev teams pwnage v2.0. Direct download link for pc and mac: http://iphone-freak.com/en/page1/page1.html

Error 1013/1014/1015 -
    This error message occurs when you downgrade or upgrade to a different baseband than the firmware your restoring to has. This message does NOT mean the restore failed - it simply means the phone firmware does not match the baseband. Use iLiberty/Independence to kick the phone into normal mode and out of recovery mode and it will work.

hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this problem I’m having.

I brought an iphone from Australia and had it jailbreaked. i have been using it on the orange network (as its from aus, not even o2 works). It was working fine until i recently upgraded it to v3 firmware.
    now..

All i get is the cable and itunes sign on the screen.
    i have tried to restore using the dfu mode, but each time it comes up with an error.

i have tried downgrading to loads of older versions, but to no avail.
    Can someone help with this???

Quote Originally Posted by rhy View Post
    hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this problem I’m having.

I brought an iphone from Australia and had it jailbreaked. i have been using it on the orange network (as its from aus, not even o2 works). It was working fine until i recently upgraded it to v3 firmware.
    now..

All i get is the cable and itunes sign on the screen.
    i have tried to restore using the dfu mode, but each time it comes up with an error.

i have tried downgrading to loads of older versions, but to no avail.
    Can someone help with this???
    Are you restoring your iphone properly by using dfu mode, just give it a go again by following the below method:

1. Put the iPhone in DFU mode.
    2. Restore in iTunes to 1.1.4.
    3. Received error 1015.
    4. Ran the modified version of ZiPhone with all 3 boxes checked. (The version matinez posted)
    5. Put the iPhone in restore mode.
    6. Restore in ITunes to 1.1.4.. again... No errors this time.
    7. Used the standard ZiPhone 3.0 to "Do it all".
    8. It works!
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hi,

firstly thanks for replying.

I have tried each of the step you mentioned.
    1. Put the iPhone in DFU mode.
    2. Restore in iTunes to 1.1.4.
    3. Received error 1015.
    4. Ran the modified version of ZiPhone with all 3 boxes checked. (The version matinez posted)
    5. Put the iPhone in restore mode.
    6. Restore in ITunes to 1.1.4.. again... No errors this time.
    7. Used the standard ZiPhone 3.0 to "Do it all".
    8. It works!

but it always pops up with different errors.

I have:

put the phone in dfu mode
    shift/restore
    tried numerous versions of the firmware from 1.1.1 etc
    still to no avail.
    cannot seem to get ZiPhone to detect my phone.

any further suggestions? are all bricked all i have is the usb and itune on my screen.

can all iphone get unblock???

I think the best way is take this phone to local mobile shop for repair (IF it Help) or Sell IT , Buy Sell