Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Free folder lock software for mobile phone

could any one can tell me a folder lock free softwear for my Nokia N73 mobile to lock my privete files. whee can i find this and is it safe to instal

I have samsung star superb ( GT-S5560) mobile and want to install a folder lock software which can lock my private folders...can anyone pls tell me is there any url from where I can download and install it on my mobile?

May I know the url that I can download such a software

hey frndz iam using 5130xpress music.. csn u tell me the locker software to lock my personal folders...

i need a folder lock for 5130xpress music to lock my personal folders..........????

I need softwaer for nokia cdma 6275 ...pleass

i think possitive

Re: Download Free folder lock software for mobile phone

Hello there, I guess that you will have to find out the format that your phone support and then, accordingly search for the particular folder lock softwares available in the market. Make a search for the same on the internet.

Download and install the application that is MEDIA SAFE which is a free tool for securing and locking up the private folders that you have. You can install it to the Phone and make it functionable.

There is a software called FileLock v. 1.0
    it can lock a whole folder.the app starts in last folder that you was and get the password only at the begin. If you say `no` to access permission only once a time,it will be failed to access to your files for ever.you must install it again.

DOWNLOAD :FileLock v. 1.0

THE DOWNLOAD LINK IS NOT WORKING..........

I have a Nokia N95 which is one of the first original versions (N95-1, internally known as RM-159) with a SD micro 8GB card installed, running on the OS:

Symbian

V 35.0.002
    RM-159
    Nokia N95 (22.01)

I have been looking for freeware / software applications that can lock (password protect) one or more folders that are on my SD micro 8GB card (Externally installed in a slot on the device).

I came across on the Nokia Support Board of some ways and the one that appealed to me was the zip option for which one to go to

Menu – Applications – Office – Zip

Once at Zip you need to do the following

Open the ZIP program

Then select the folder in which you want to save the zip file.

Then select Options->New Archive

Name your archive something.

Now it will say (no data)

Select Options->Add to archive and select the files you want to Zip

Now select Options->Password to set a password

Now check that the images are in the ZIP file that you just created and now you can delete the files you added to the ZIP.

All was well with this and if you want to lock images or video clip they do not show up on the gallery once they are deleted from the original folder but unfortunatelly the new zipped folder doesn’t lock nor was I able to transfer larger video clips as well.

For you info the link for the Nokia Support Discussions group is:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/.../192144#M62791

I then tried The Symbian Blog where they suggestted zip by using zipmanager on Ybrowser… unfortunately I don’t have Ybrowser installed nor could I find it anywhere to download.

Alternatively they suggested that for all those who didn’t have Ybrowser to download FExplorer which I did download but which I wasn’t able to install since I think the software is meant for the newer Nokia N95 – 8GB (internal memory installed having no card slot) models.

For you info the link to the The Symbian Blog is:

http://thesymbianblog.com/2007/12/08...ur-s60-device/

That then left me with FileLock which I had installed but was unable to operate… And unfortunately I didn’t find a step by step guide on how to operate the application any were on the Web.

Does anyone know how it is done?

Or does anyone have a better alternate suggestion?

Download the unsigned version of FeExplorer from the search engines, just type "nokia n95 FeExplorer unsigned version download" and when you get a lost of links, download it frin their. After installing it you just have to run the application and get inside to the directory then folder and then the files (images or video). Click on the options button and check for hide forlders or files and then just hide the files that you want without locking the whole folder.

The best encrypting software for Nokia mobiles (as per me) is Best Crypto that i was using for Nokia E51. It locks any folder, images, video clips, etc.. It is also available for symbian OS 5.

I think, this is what you need. You can download it from attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

@ Pugsly

I goggled for "nokia n95 FeExplorer unsigned version download" which got me to a long list as you said
    I then found a site (but didn’t know if it’s an appropriate site or not) clicked on it and it got me to the site below:
    http://www.symbian-freeware.com/get-fexplorer.html
    Clicked on “Download – the FExplorer free for Symbian OS” and it took me to the page
    I downloaded FExplorer Beta and after opening the file and on setup it said “Certificate Error – Contact the applicant supplier” on the device (N95).

So no luck!

@ Maq.H

Tried to download from the attachments below

Attached Files

Best Crypto for S60 V3.rar (90.5 KB, 5 views)

Best Crypto for S60 V5.rar (56.0 KB, 0 views)

directly from the device (N95) but it didn’t open.

I then downloaded the files onto my PC but I’m afraid I couldn’t I open the file or for that matter transfer it to the device using Nokia Ovi Suite since it’s a rar file and it kept asking what programe I would like to open it with.

No luck here as well!

Alright, download the unsigned version of the FeExplorer from the below attachment. Use a winrar software to unpack it, then install the nokia pc suite and directly install this software from pc suite to your mobile phone. If you still want to make FeExplorer signed then go to this site https://www.symbiansigned.com/ and register a new account and then download DevCertRequest tool to make your FeExplorer signed, there are many tutorials for it, search it and you are good to go on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by salu View Post

I then downloaded the files onto my PC but I’m afraid I couldn’t I open the file or for that matter transfer it to the device using Nokia Ovi Suite since it’s a rar file and it kept asking what programe I would like to open it with.

No luck here as well!
    Hey friend, we cannot attached any file rather than .rar on this forum. Hence it is in rar format. What you need to do is, download the file on your pc, extract it. You will find a .sisx file inside the folder, send it to your mobile via cable or bluetooth adapter and install. Thats it. Very Simple.

Hi guys, thanks for the previous info.

@ Bon-Z

1. Thanks for suggesting the WinRAR software for unpacking RAR files.
    2. What is the difference between unsigned and signed versions of FExplored – (In short what are the pluses and minuses of signing up)?
    3. Is FExplorer a freeware or a payable software?

@ Maq.H

1. What’s the difference between Best Crypto V3 and Best Crypto V5 – will any one of both versions work on a Nokia N95 device?
    2. After unpacking the RAR versions of Best Crypto for S60 and extracting the files I found the .sisx file. Then thereafter I installed the software on the device where on opening the programe it said “Best Crypto Trial version 15 days left to expire”. So, what happens after 15 days?
    3. Is this software a freeware or a payable software? and
    4. If its payable where can I pay for it?

Just used Best Crypto on my Nokia N95 and I would say it’s good but not excellent as it has some drawbacks. Don’t know why developers can’t follow the way TrueCrypt has done their encryption software for PCs and that too TrueCrypt is a freeware available of the net completely for free. For anyone who is interested the link is:

http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads

The drawbacks of Best Crypto are:

1. You can’t encrypt a folder but only individual files. In short you can’t open a folder with all you pics in it at one go, but have to open each one of them individually.
    2. You have to wait a long while (depending on file size of course) for decrypting (to open a file) and again for encrypting (to close a file). Definitely a pain for larger files like clips. Besides it’s definitely very time consuming if you have more clips in your folder to encrypt.
    Last edited by salu; 27-05-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Hi, usually the application mobile we download from internet are trial versions. After 15 days you need to buy it and you can do it from the applications option menu. I had never used this application but the buy or register option might be in Tools.

Or as you said you are not happy with Crypto than try out Handy Safe Pro. It is a perfect assistant for secure and convenient data managing. You can download it from here.

For more info, just go through this: How to hide an application on nokia mobile phone?

Not overjoyed about the performance of Best Crypto but might still go for it. I will also try Safe Pro before buying any.

Does anyone know of any freeware to password protect / encrypt files or preferable folders on a Nokia N95 mobile phone?

There is an application known as Folder Lock Plus 5.1.2 which is available for N95. This application helps in encrypting and password protecting the files/folders on the mobile. It is available for free online.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast