| || |
Join Date: Jul 2004
NAVIGON 5100 Max And NAVIGON 2090S GPS Navigators Launched
Navigon announced the release of the 5100 max personal navigation devices, spotted earlier this month at the FCC, along with the 2090S. Both units sport Navigon?s newest software that can generate routes quicker and makes entering information faster and easier thanks to the company?s SmartSpeller software. The 5100 max uses a 4.3-inch touchscreen display with a 16:9 aspect ratio that will display real-time traffic updates. Buyers get these updates for the life of the unit without having to pay any additional subscription fees or having to buy additional hardware. The 5100 max also includes a Bluetooth module, allowing for hands-free talk when using compatible cell phones. Contacts are synced wirelessly and can be dialed with one touch from the touchscreen interface. The 5100 max also comes with an Exit Guide that enables users to search upcoming Interstate exits for a specific store or service in one of six Point of Interest (POI) categories. Highlights of NAVIGON 5100 max:
Highlights of NAVIGON 2090S:
- Extra-wide 4.3-inch touchscreen display with 16:9 aspect ratio
- Free Real-Time Traffic Updates for Life, allowing routing around congestion by including traffic flow, incidents and alternate routes and works for the lifetime of the product out-of-the-box without any fees or additional hardware.
- NAVIGON FreshMaps, keeping your NAVIGON 5100 max as up-to-date as it was on the day you bought it with up to eight quarterly map updates spanning 2 years.
- Reality View Pro. Never miss an exit again with the next generation of Reality View providing more coverage in more places. Reality View Pro displays 3D views with road sign text and lane guidance for virtually every highway interchange and exit.
- Lane Assistant Pro, helping drivers prepare to make an upcoming exit or turn by providing clear visual lane guidance. NAVIGON?s second generation of Lane Assistant provides a lane map complete with arrows and actual road geometry.
- Bluetooth Hands-Free. The integrated Bluetooth feature helps keep both hands on the wheel while still staying connected. The NAVIGON 5100 max acts like a Bluetooth speakerphone to hold hands-free conversations. Contacts are easily downloaded for one-touch calling.
- Advanced Text-to-speech to let drivers keep their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road with advanced phonetic text-to-speech technology to ensure proper pronunciation of streets.
- Fast Destination Entry. The latest generation of NAVIGON software makes entering and finding information fast and simple. NAVIGON?s SmartSpeller feature helps guiding through the entry process.
- Exit Guide. NAVIGON?s Exit Guide enables users to search upcoming exits for one of six POI categories ? food, gas, lodging, rest areas, auto service or shopping. And, with one click, the NAVIGON 5100 max navigates there.
- Top-Notch Performance. NAVIGON?s new software gets to the right route in less time. Our new platform delivers our most responsive interface to date with dramatically improved route calculation times to get directions more quickly.
- 3.5-inch touchscreen display
- Reality View Pro
- Advanced Text-to-speech
- NAVIGON FreshMaps
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Fast Destination Entry with latest generation of software
The new NAVIGON 2090S and NAVIGON 5100 max GPS devices are now available exclusively through RadioShack for about $200 and $300, respectively.