Thread: HP EliteBook 2740p Battery Life

HP EliteBook 2740p Battery Life

I have got a HP EliteBook 2740p and started getting issue with the same. Actually my problem is with the battery which getting discharged in 6 hours only and i am expecting more from this. What is the battery life for HP EliteBook 2740p? I am not running most of the application at a time. so if any one can then help me with the same.

Re: HP EliteBook 2740p Battery Life

I am not aware of the issue of your that why you are getting the so low battery life but let me tell you that i am using the same HP EliteBook 2740p and it is giving me the battery life as 10 to 12 hour and having no issue with the same. Do one thing power down your device and keep it for complete charging. After that see what battery life it is giving.

The issue which you are getting is just because your system might be running with the most of the process that is eating the battery of the HP EliteBook 2740p and that is why you are getting the half battery life. Just see into the task manager and found that which process is eating up CPU the most and kill that process is not necessary. Also remove it from the startup.

I have gone through the issue of yours and i think that HP EliteBook 2740p can only give the battery life for 76 to 7 hour so there is no issue with the same but i can not guarantee you as i am not developer. It is better to check for the review of the HP EliteBook 2740p on this forum which is having the specification and functionality for the same. Here is the link.
    HP 2740p Multi-Touch Digitizer

I am having the same issue with the device of mine which is giving the less battery lifer with the same.I have checked for the process and everything but nothing is working for me. So finally i have come to know from one of the forum that it is could be resolved with the replacement of the SSD. I am not sure how come this resolve the issue but let me tell you that changing of the SSD resolved the issue of mine. So if you can then go through the same and resolve it yours.

I have gone through all the above step that is discussed above for working of the device of mine with the proper battery life but let me tell you that i am not satisfied with the same as it is not working for me. So if any one is having any other solution to work with the issue of mine then please let me know about the same.

If nothing from the above replied are working for you and you are looking for some more help then i will advise you to contact the HP support regarding the issue which you are going through and let them know about the same. As they are the developer can guide you properly with the issue which you are going through. So contact them and see whether it is working for you or not.

Does this Tablet have a docking station that also charges. I can only find a generic that does not charge. Thanks