Thread: Which remote control for Sony HDR XR160E Camcorder, RM-AV2.

Which remote control for Sony HDR XR160E Camcorder, RM-AV2.

I just love to visit places and take pictures I have a Sony HDR XR160E and I just enjoy clicking photos with that. I love to click some natural pictures and have some natural emotions in the pictures I love to take instant photos so I am looking for a remote control for my Sony HDR XR160E Camcorder. It will give me an opportunity to click the natural activities of animals and birds which is my passion. So can anyone suggest me any such remote controls which I can use with my Camcorder.

Re: Which remote control for Sony HDR XR160E Camcorder, RM-AV2.

I wonder if you are looking for any wireless remote control because wireless remote controls for your Sony HDR XR160E Camcorder has yet not been launched so I don’t think that you can have any access over your camcorder using wireless connection. But your camcorder can use RM-AV2 remote commander. RM-AV2 has compatibility with most of the Sony camcorders. It has functions of on/off, recording start/stop, photo and zoom. You can follow this link to get the detailed Specification of RM-AV2.

Hi thanks a lot for the reply gone through the specifications of the RM-AV2 and its looks to be a great buy it will allow me to record videos in my college auditorium and many such other places using the Tripod. Even the weight of the remote is very less so I am happy with this but there is only one thing which I found to be a problem for me the length of the cord is just 1.5m.it would have been superb if I could find an extension lead for this? Is there anything likely to be available, I am waiting for your good advice.

I don’t think it’s available this going to be a bit tough. I know that Sony doesn’t make any such extensions threads. Look at the HDMI jack on your camera it is called as “10-pin D” plug due to its shape and terminals. The tougher part will be finding a male-to-female extender. A solution might be to get a LANC adapter cable (AV-R to LANC) which will also help you to extend your remote control options, as LANC is very common video remote interface and there are lots of LANC’s available in the market.